Shopping without cash

Sainsburys have been saying they will do a volunteer card but I?ve not seen it?s happened yet.

Just had an email.

If you are shopping at, or need someone to shop for you, Tesco, Asda, Morrison?s, Waitrose or M&S Give As You Live do store grocery cards you can preload. You choose a charity and they benefit each time the card is used. You / the person doing your shopping / person on the till don?t need to handle cash.

Asda has a volunteer card and m&s the 'we're in this together card. What happens is the person needing help buys a virtual card online or via the telephone,tops up with amount needed and the volunteer gets sent an email to print out or barcode on mobile to pay for the goods

Sainsbury's not accepting cash on the checkout, checkout workers are all wearing gloves anyway, and making people use self service instead. They are then not wiping the self service tills down, unlike in Morrisons who both take cash and as seen yesterday also wipe down the self service tills between each customers use

After having queued round the car park with everyone else (people still don't know what 2m is, making the queue much longer than it needs to be, and they seem transfixed and glued to their phones rather than concentrating on keeping a safe distance apart and moving forward.

Yesterday one guy in the queue had an SLR camera and was duly taking zoom photo's of the queue!!!!

it's not right Sainsbury s not accepting cash as their own adverts say try to use cards, it doesn't say we refuse cash.

the staff are wearing gloves so why can't they handle cash. When they empty self service tills they will have to handle cash.

how will people who buy cigarettes and lottery tickets get around this.

hamnajain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not accepting cash excludes service to those

> without access to credit cards, but a new bill

> would make it illegal for restaurants to refuse

> paper money.

The restaurant industry (and maybe the entire food industry) will change after this. How much I don't know but I think it will. Maybe we'll all change how we live permanently.