We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Sainsburys DKH - queue update please
Posted by figgins May 20, 12:14PM

Anyone know what it's like in the evneings? Also - if you are clicking and collecting your Sainsbury's grocery order, do you have to queue? Thanks!

Posted by vic.ham May 20, 12:19PM

when you collect click and collect food you park near the designated area(think its near the nursery) you wait til your van turns up at your time slot so there might be a small group waiting for the same van.

Posted by figgins May 20, 12:28PM

Thanks - that's worth knowing

Posted by beansprout May 20, 12:32PM

Yes, it is near nursery. I did it last week - was a short queue while they processed orders. All done under 30 minutes. Do take some of your own bags as not everything is bagged up.

Posted by MrsR May 20, 01:37PM

I went last night at about 8.30 - straight in. No queues at the checkout. Only thing I couldn't get were eggs.

Posted by ED - NAGAIUTB May 20, 02:16PM

Went this morning to collect from Argos and they asked me to wait 10 minutes which was roughly the wait in the queue I think as there were about 20 people only. This was about 10:30am.

Posted by bob May 20, 10:11PM

Went there just before 2PM 5 people in front of me waited about 5 minutes and they let 10 in at a time first time for 9 weeks Bob S

Posted by Bic Basher May 21, 04:11PM

The fact they're letting in 10 at a time really is helping. When I queued at 12.40 today, the queue was just past the cashpoints. When I left at 1pm, it was starting to stretch around the back of the car park.

Posted by dbboy May 21, 04:44PM

Much improved this morning, about 15 people in front, queue moved reasonably once it got going. On exiting the end of the queue was in front of starbux which had reopened for takeaway and Uber collections.
Do people really use uber for a coffee???

Posted by whirly May 23, 09:41AM

Queuing nearly onto DKH 9.30am Sat!

Posted by Penguin68 May 23, 02:20PM

It's a shame Sainsbury's couldn't fit a WiFi CCTV camera up that we could log into. Perhaps at the entrance looking out towards the nursery. Possible to judge then what the queue 'looked' like and whether it was worth going out or not.

Posted by snoopy17 May 24, 02:23PM

lol

Posted by Clutterqueen May 25, 11:56AM

Just in case anyone thinking of going Sainsburys. Queue of 5 in front of me when got there this morning at 10.45. Came out around 11.15 and queue wasn't too bad, not even up to nursery.

Posted by pilsbury May 25, 12:05PM

Queue right Is up to nursery but moving quick, 15 mins wait Id say

Posted by seenbeen May 25, 01:16PM

Went to Sainsbury's 2 weeks ago and in front of me were two young couples...by the time we got into the store they had separated into 4 individuals with 4 trolleys. In the store they met up again.....so much for allowing only 1 person from a family at a time.
Also my near neighbour goes by car to Sainsbury's frequently and at the same time her partner gets a home delivery.....from Morrisons (I suppose they don't want the supermarket to know)
Another neighbour got a massive home delivery from Waitrose about 3 weeks ago and after the van had gone a car came by and another person went to their house and they loaded up the car with bags and bags of the Waitrose groceries.
Just some pointers of how to circumvent the Covid rules- Cummings has got nothing on these 'people'

Posted by Bic Basher May 25, 10:48PM

whirly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Queuing nearly onto DKH 9.30am Sat!

So glad I didn't go up on Saturday. Went to Forest Hill instead and was in within 5 mins.

Posted by woodland May 26, 09:29AM

I have just been to Bell Green Sainsburys - no queue at all when I came out at 9:00am and they had very stocked shelves. I know it isn't convenient for all, but thought I would mention it on here just in case. Tuesdays at 8:30am seem good!

Posted by Bic Basher May 26, 03:38PM

Walked straight in at 2.45 at DKH. No queue at 3pm.

Posted by Jrooney May 26, 03:39PM

No queue this afternoon...

Posted by pilsbury Yesterday, 10:55AM

Queue only to the end of the main Bulding right now

Posted by ianr Yesterday, 11:18AM

Noticed, en passant, that at 09:50 today there was no queue at all.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum