We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.hensonsecurity.com

www.veganplates.co.uk

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
messageRe: Sainsburys DKH - queue update please
Posted by spider69 June 03, 02:04PM

Wish I could but not to good on the old computer. I just went on Southwark Council then typed in DKH road scheme and its in the stuff that comes up.

Sorry.

Posted by ED - NAGAIUTB June 03, 02:05PM

Nigello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could you provide a link, please? I find the
> Southwark site not very user-friendly. Thanks

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Posted by snoopy17 June 03, 03:56PM

its a shame they are ripping the plants and trees out in the middle.

Posted by Clutterqueen June 04, 11:07PM

I thought that too i.e. taking out the plants seems a bit drastic and the workmen were hacking away!

Went to Sainsburys' this morning around 10.30 and there was no queue. Came out at 11am and the queue was nearly back to the nursery but seemed to moving ok.

Posted by bob June 07, 02:24PM

2.15 queues out to all most dog Bob S

Posted by Bic Basher June 07, 05:17PM

bob Wrote:
> 2.15 queues out to all most dog Bob S

It looks like the pattern is quieter during the week to the point where if you're lucky you can walk straight in or at weekends, you've very likely to be standing on Edgar Kail Way.

This is why I've stopped using DKH at weekends and use the Forest Hill store or the Local on LL which are much easier to get into.

Posted by Clutterqueen June 07, 11:34PM

Yes it's slightly quieter during the week but during the past couple of months I've regularly stood out on Dog Kennel Hill to shop for over 25 minutes on a week day as been shopping for my family and for vulnerable neighbours.

Posted by Clutterqueen June 08, 12:02PM

No queue this morning at 10.30 although coming out at 11am there was a queue of about 25-30 people.

Found a pair of adult light blue patterned fingerless gloves on the floor at the bread section and left with customer services.

Posted by Bic Basher June 11, 09:18PM

No queues at DKH or Morrisons in Peckham this afternoon.

Posted by snoopy17 June 11, 11:01PM

do you think cheese counter will open next week?

Posted by Clutterqueen June 11, 11:08PM

I don't think so.

Was there yesterday and the whole of the meat and cheese section is still completely closed off.

Posted by Bic Basher June 12, 05:58PM

I can't see the counters returning until we've reached the level of total normality, which is some way off yet.

Monday is about non-essential businesses being allowed to open with strict social distancing guidelines, so expect more of the same queues we've seen outside supermarkets and pharmacies outside the likes of Primark.

Posted by teddyboy23 June 17, 06:20PM

Went this morning got there 7.20am a few elderly people maybe about 15 who they let in 7.30am that left 10 people not old or vulnerable .so sainsburys let us all in about 7.35am all tills were now accepting cash and card .come out at 8am no one outside.

Posted by Clutterqueen June 17, 11:01PM

That's interesting teddyboy23.

Queue this morning when I got there around 11.30 was nearly back to the nursery.

Came out around half an hour later and there was no queue but then again there was torriential rain!

Posted by Pugwash June 18, 01:21PM

Went about 3 pm on Tuesday - no queue - came out around 4 ish still no queue

Posted by Bic Basher June 19, 12:28AM

Pugwash Wrote:
> Went about 3 pm on Tuesday - no queue - came out
> around 4 ish still no queue

You were lucky, I was in a queue at 2.30 on Tuesday which was a 10 min wait. I walked straight in on Thursday afternoon at 2.45.

Posted by DulwichFox June 23, 05:40PM

Went on Sunday 13.00 - 13.30 ish No queue .. Walked straight in..
No queue when I came out.

DulwichFox.

ETA.. Everything Fully stocked. Pasta... Flour.. also No queue at Till.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 23, 05:42pm by DulwichFox.

Posted by Bic Basher June 23, 06:09PM

10 min wait at 2.40pm this afternoon, when I left at 3.10, you could walk in.

Posted by snoopy17 June 24, 11:16PM

when will.all this queuing end, as when your inside the shop the rules go out the window and everyone is on top of you.

Posted by Clutterqueen June 24, 11:30PM

No queue this afternoon and pretty much empty inside.

Posted by Clutterqueen July 04, 11:44PM

Went to Sainsburys around 2 this afternoon and joined the queue of 6/7 people and was in the store within 5 minutes.

Came out to a bit of a queue past the cashpoints.

Inside there were quite a few empty shelves of stuff that have been in stock over the past few weeks.

Posted by snoopy17 July 05, 06:20PM

people who are working with food banks have been clearing the shelves.

Posted by snoopy17 Yesterday, 08:17PM

this lockdown just shows people up to be selfish, they'd walk over you to get the last donut.

today when I went Sainsbury. I went down the cleaning isle to get some sainsbury wipes. as I was approaching a lady with a trolley also went to the wipes section, I didn't mind as there were plenty of wipes available. Not for long though as this woman took three boxes of the wipes. I could not believe the brass neck of this lady.
it really is shameful behaviour.

Posted by ianr Yesterday, 09:15PM

You can say what you like here, but you gave up any chance of seeing whether you could influence her behaviour then several hours ago. By boxes, do you mean cardboard cartons, each containing a number of individual boxes of wipes?

Posted by snoopy17 Yesterday, 11:35PM

the cartons they stand up in she took the lot, I couldn't stop her because she scanned them on the quick shopping scanner.
I told her can you be any more greedy, she looked at me with a blank face like she had done no wrong. I wasn't gonna take them back out of her bag in the trolley.

Posted by ianr Today, 11:13AM

Thanks. I don't know the things, so still don't understand how much she took, or how many items she had to scan, but it sounds as if asking her if she could let you have just one item would by then have been impracticable. You could ask Sainsburys about imposing a limit. I don't go there often, but one of my staples is their 300g dried skimmed milk packets, and their system still only allows me to check out three. Probably like you, I wouldn't take all of the last three anyway.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum