We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageLaundry bags for scrubs - where to send them?
Posted by Minitoots May 11, 01:31PM

I've made several large laundry bags for scrubs and have tried contacting all the main scrubs-making groups to see which hospitals still want them but have not had any success in getting replies - they only seem to have info on actual scrubs, not the bags.. Does anyone know if any of our local hospitals need them? (I tried emailing the volunteers email address but haven't had any replies from them yet) Alternatively, I'm happy to post them to any medical facility that can use them...

messageRe: Laundry bags for scrubs - where to send them?
Posted by Crokes May 11, 04:17PM

I heard that you can drop off at Really Maria's on Lordship Lane, as it's a collection point for masks/scrubs/washbags etc. They will then be distributed where needed most.

Posted by centra95 May 11, 04:20PM

Hi

They can be delivered to Kings College Hospital there is a Volunteers office that will then give them to various wards

Posted by dresswaves May 11, 05:17PM

Yes the Volunteerís Office is best Itís just inside the main entrance on the left. The main entrances the old building on Bessemer Road not the Jubilee Wing or the entrance on Denmark Hill.

Posted by Minitoots May 11, 07:45PM

Thanksfor the updates - I did email Kings volunteers office but havenít had a reply but if you think they can use them thatís good.

Posted by Nigello May 12, 12:25PM

If theyíre no longer needed, charities may be needing them (the hostel at the Dulwich library end of Barry Road, maybe) or a local sport team, etc.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum