can't book online test should we just turn up

bettyorange

That's concerning. Is the system actually telling you no appointments are available? That looks a possibility from what the web page https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ says: "If no tests are available online, do not call the helpline to get a test. No extra tests are available through the helpline." Or is the online system jammed, which also seems a possibility: "This service is currently very busy. If you cannot get a test now, or the location or time are not convenient, try again in a few hours"?

The website continuously says no test sites available.The one on Albany rd seems to have disappeared as does the Belair one.Greeenwich is still there but my neighbour was turned away when they went there without a booked slot despite it being deserted.

Many other parents in the same position,with numbers rising and kids back at school,zero testing on hand unless you want to pay ?135 for a private and possibly unreliable test.How many people are actually going to bite the the bullet and put everything on hold for 2 weeks with every cough and sneeze,many can't afford to lose the income.So buckle up people this is going to be a very rough ride.

Ok last post about this,just managed to get test done in Deptford and although i had booked my son in online it seemed like they were taking walk ins aswell?You can register via a QR code once you arrive,so worth a shot if anyone out there is having a nightmare booking a test.Test center is on Vanguard Rd car park SE8.

My son has had to leave work (in my opinion he has a cold but for work he can't be too careful) and now in order to go back to work he needs to get a test.

Given the shambles we are in and the apparently almost secret nature of these pop-up places, does anyone know anywhere you can walk into (or maybe drive)?

Thanks.