traffic wardens

daisy

Today i was behind a car which stopped in the middle of maxted road. A traffic warden jumped out of the passengers door ran across the road to a parked car and wacked on a pre written ticket. He then jumped back into his car and they sped off - It turned out that there were three parking attendants in the vehicle. It was the parking equivalent of a hit and run! Are traffic wardens allowed to drive around East Dulwich in private cars and mopeds? Does the council know this is how their "outsourced traffic management company" operates? Has anyone else seen or experienced this? I hope it's illegal as i got the car's number plate.

i'm not sure if the car warranted a ticket or not - what suprised me was the fact that it was the traffic wardens that were in a car stopping in the middle of the road and holding up traffic in order to give out a ticket!! That seems both unfair and ironic. Aren't they supposed to wait for 5 minutes?

aha, a few saturday's ago (around 4.30pm) I saw a mini van containing traffic wardens driving up crawley grove, park on a junction (double yellow) with archdale road to issue a ticket to a van which did not seem to warrant a ticket. After ticket was placed on windscreen, the warden got back in and the driver drove off whilst on his mobile. The van was white and unmarked. I tried to remember the number plate but of course forgot it. I have no doubt that had I reported it, there would be no record of this vehicle.

The reason why they travel in threes is because gormless arseholes assault them and vandalise their cars. I've seen it done, and I'm staggered that locals who have more in common with apes can descend to dehumanising people to that extent.

It's not a question of cowardice, when there is a daily threat of being hit in the face for ticketing people that have broken a law that's there to protect and help all of us.

I must say that conversations like the one on this thread give a veneer of respectability to this kind of violence, in much the same way that middle class dinner party racism sustains the National Front.

From a personal perspective I can't believe the righteousness of law breaking car drivers, particularly when their ownership of car in the first place is destroying our children's future. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
There is a traffic warden on Goodrich every morning now at around 8am. He particularly feeds off people parked across the dropped kerbs for the disabled/pushchairs. Having been on the receiving end of one of them (ok i should not have parked there but sometimes I can't bear walking more than 10 metres with my Sainsbury bags) I conversed with him one morning stating that he must be making a killing off this particular spot, having bagged one car who had parked there for a week and got a lovely surprise I am sure when he returned to find 7 tickets-heh. His response? 'I'm not making the money, it's the council'. Erm, quite. They started doing the checks in January apparently.