We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageFire in Lordship Lane
Posted by the-e-dealer 21 March, 2013 09:31

Anyone know whats happening near College Road / LLane? Radio says Fire.

--------------------
Nor do I

messageRe: Fire in Lordship Lane
Posted by Bic Basher 21 March, 2013 09:41

Apparently something to do with The Grove/Harvester pub which closed last year. Dulwich Common is solid though, although from my vantage point, LL in both directions is open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2013:03:21:11:26:16 by Bic Basher.

Posted by GinaG3 21 March, 2013 09:53

They are right outside my window, as far as I can see its not the pub at all. It is the tennis club, usually they visit them because of out of control bonfires and thats late at night. I don't think this is the reason this time, I don't recall them having a bonfire last night, they usually smoke us out. Anyway, traffic a nightmare, police directing, 2 engines. Reeling back in hoses now, shouldn't be too long before its back to usual traffic..

Posted by lizzie 21 March, 2013 13:44

Yes last night the Camber tennis club (where I am a member) clubhouse sadly burnt down as a result of a break in. I don't have any more details but it is devastating for the club and its members, especially with this being our centenary year with lots of events planned. Luckily the tennis courts are not affected so we can at least carry on playing!

Posted by AlexC 21 March, 2013 13:54

That's terrible. I'm a member too, but not been in a couple of months. A real shame.

Posted by GinaG3 21 March, 2013 15:26

Posted by uncleglen 21 March, 2013 15:37

Same M.O. as the rioters- if you can't nick it- burn it down!

Posted by netballcoach 21 March, 2013 20:08

Well, someone told me there were people in there still drinking at 1am! Not sure about a break in...... There was no fire at 3am or lights or noise - I was popping to the loo and looked directly at the building from the viewpoint the picture attached shows. I feel sorry for the coaches who may have lost their living due to perhaps a break in or someone's lack of attention to detail - only time will tell.

The firefighters were great - especially after the tea and toast I served. #civicduty. Go sign their petition to keep the stations open and LOCAL!

Posted by lizzie 22 March, 2013 11:32

It was definitely a break in. Tennis will carry on and many thanks to Marlborough Cricket Club who are offering us use of their clubhouse for the time being

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum