anyone for a campaign?

C.R.E.D.

The Campaign for a Real East Dulwich.

East Dulwich, not East Clapham

I've noticed some of you like a moan about the possible future of ED and the dangers of it becoming clapham etc. Why don't you all get togther under a banner and start lobbying people, handing out leaflets, even staging events to get into the SLP or even the nationals. It may be that some chains wouldn't like the negative publicity.

i would do it but i don't really think its a problem

The dreaded fate of Claphamisation can be defined as follows:

Where snooty, blonde, pony-tailed 32 year old lasses in Crew rugby shirts, capri pants and Todds loafers whizz out of a series of estate agents (where they have been sourcing ?900,000 houses) and crash their Bugaboo prams (plus offspring) heedlessly into your legs with a fetching sneer and shove off (sans apology).

And that, my friends, is Claphamisation. Is this really what we want!!? ('Yes!!' shout all the EDForum blokes in a loud chorus.)

spymum

(Blog: Posh Mum)

add to the mix clueless recent Oxbridge/Durham/Bristol/St. Andrews graduates in rugby shirts whose daddies are subbing their rent (because otherwise their ?16K grad job in publishing sales would only stretch to a flat in a black area), who only feel comfortable in aesthetically unthreatening cafes/clubs/boozers e.g. All Bar One/Cafe Nero that remind them of the provincial spa towns they grew up in, and are positively terrified of being exposed to any of the, y'know, culture/difference/heterogeny that London has to offer

Clapham should be reclassified as part of Berkshire in my opinion....

p.s. i acknowledge that this is snobbery, but at least it's posh-on-posh

JoeChuff, you are spot on!

But has someone forgotten a fleet of Audi TTs driven by men in deck shoes and rugby shirts who look like Shrek but bray like David Cameron? They spend their days boasting about what exotic animal they last ate and how much profit they have made by buying for investment purposes.

All this mention of rugby shirts, and yet no one has mentioned that the collars have to be turned up. This is how they recognise each other.

Their conversations run along the lines of: Rah! Oh rahlly? Raaaaah!

Ok, so we have full ID on Clapham Man/Woman. Good. Avoidance measures may be taken as appropriate.

But how to ID East Dulwich Man! What are he be mostly wearing?! (I'm not a cross-dresser, this is for the benefit of my fashion-challenged husband!)

spymum

(Blog: Posh Mum)

Oh, Ant et al!

You are sooo describing my darling husband! Every single item in his wardrobe. By the way, a Rolex watch is currently considered 'old hat', it is Jaeger LeCoultre or Longines, clearly. The current car of choice is now an Aston Martin DB9. I would offer you all a lift tomorrow night, but I shall be leaving the car(s) at home as I shall be drinking Hurrah!

???

Shorely there's about 20,000 people living in Clapham catchment, how many of them could possibly match this unkind description?

Is this not just a parade of petty bourgeois prejudice that tars 14,700 people with the steaming pat of our inadequacies?

;-)