We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

www.nannycentral.co.uk

www.eastdulwichcarpetcleaning.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageUnusual pets in ED
Posted by Xanadustar 18 April, 2008 11:52

Hello fellow forumites.

I'm an occassional poster on this board but follow it with interest, it's a great place to find out what's going on.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone in the area owned any weird and wonderful animals. We have 3 horsefield toroises (and are also owned by two cats). Any fellow tortoise owners out there? Or do you keep any other non-mammalian/unusual pets?

messageRe: Unusual pets in ED
Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 18 April, 2008 11:56

Probably hard to beat the chap in Peckham who wanted to keep 2 cloud leopards in his back garden. For some odd reason, Southwark wouldn't grant him a licence.

Posted by lorraineliyanage 18 April, 2008 12:13

We've got lots of newts in our pond. Perhaps not that unusual for anyone who's got a pond, though!

Posted by TillieTrotter 18 April, 2008 12:18

My son has a bearded dragon called Steve.

Posted by KalamityKel 18 April, 2008 12:20

We have a frog that visits us regularly in the garden... we don't have any near by ponds tho so is kinda "unusual" :s

Posted by TillieTrotter 18 April, 2008 12:22

Give him a kiss Kel he may end up being the man of your dreams.

Posted by bon3yard 18 April, 2008 13:13

My mate Daves got a huge Cock. I have a Hamster.

Posted by SimonM 18 April, 2008 13:26

There is (or was) a guy on Underhill Road who had a python...We have newts in the pond too....

--------------------
SimonM

Posted by Xanadustar 18 April, 2008 14:16

I'd quite like a chameleon. Friends in Forest Hill have vast quantities of snakes, lizards and the odd spider (shudder!).

Posted by Moos 18 April, 2008 22:07

Steve T, your secret is out. You are a bearded dragon. Where do you conceal your beard?

Posted by spadetownboy 19 April, 2008 13:10

we,ve a hedgehog, which comes into our utility room via the catflap and helps itself to any left over cat food, its now got used to us to the point where we are able to lift it and stroke it. last year it didnt turn up so we thought it was hibernating, it was, under the engine on the old fridge we have for storing beer etc.

Posted by sakurasteve 20 April, 2008 18:22

We have 2 pet chickens who live in a red Eglu!

Posted by Oily Telly Tyke 20 April, 2008 22:05

I really want a pet octopus but dunno where to get one!!!

O

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum