Home Secretary on Ivydale Road

Are you sure they weren't just there for the mice? Some people are getting a bit desperate.

Do tell which number Ivydale had all the excitement - at least which end.

(Have you noticed how "south Nunhead" is gradually being absorbed into SE22, courtesy of this Forum. One day they will just change the postcode and no one will notice).

Jacqui up until a while ago lived in choumert road{opposite hubbys workplace) he told me that he and his work mates were reprimanded by the armed police for swearing and laughing 730 am in the morning, i mean please they are builders.>:D

Well, look on the bright side Sandperson if Jackie Brown has taken possession of your girlfriend then you are in for some eyepoppin' lovin' blaxploitation style.The only question is have you got what it takes to please a real woman? Answers on a beermat to.........

Yep, it's true the home secretary does live there. Walking to Nunhead station this morning, I saw two cops, one with a sub-machine gun, standing outside the house. A guy came out of the house next door and told me the score. Talk about drawing attention to someone's location...

Pam Grier for PM! Then she could push a law through to make Across 110th Street into the national anthem. Such a classy tune.

Now we have an anti demo exclusion zone around parliament, perhaps we could demo outside Jacqi's house instead. So much more convenient. I have such a list of things to demonstrate about: PTA and so called anti terror laws, RIPA, control orders, ID cards, preposterous databases... Oh and dogs and daft drugs laws.

In Response to :

(Have you noticed how "south Nunhead" is gradually being absorbed into SE22, courtesy of this Forum. One day they will just change the postcode and no one will notice).

We moved from East Dulwich (Bary Road) last year where we were renting, to a house we could afford to buy in Nunhead because we dont make zillions of pounds... but to make us feel at home, the council (who i think are responsible for putting the street signs up with the post code on them) have put an SE22 on our stree sign for Sartor Road, which is right in the middle of SE15 3BB... so does this mean that we didnt escape ED after all?

xmotownx Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

the council

> have

> put an SE22 on our stree sign for Sartor Road,

> which is right in the middle of SE15 3BB... so

> does this mean that we didnt escape ED after all?

Perhaps it's to confuse anyone who comes looking for the Home Secretary. Although it seems no-one has anyone actually seen her so it could be just a red herring. She probably lives in W11 along with the rest of the ruling classes.

Advantages of having Home Secretary as neighbour:

we will always know where to find a policeman;

there will be improvements at Nunhead Station;

it would be possible to tailgate her car into town, thus cutting 15 mins from journey?

Disadvantages of having Home Secretary as neighbour:

the policemen will always know where to find you, when they have finished with all their databases, "passport interview centres" etc;

she is planning to lock up anyone she doesn't like the look of for 42 days, incommunicado, thus killing 1000 years of English liberty (start taking the leylandii down right now);

more than a bit worrying for the couple of Brazilian families that live locally, in case any of the chaps with the machine guns are of a nervous disposition and weren't that keen on geography at school.

armed copper are invariably wankers - even by the extremes of copper standards - and I will tell them so when I am next in the home sec parasites environs

I may however avoid wearing a Ronaldo brazil shirt just to avoid any "accidents" happening

PS, if this politico Leech is in da hood, then you do realise that every one of the locals will have been checked out by the filth beforehand - they know who you are already.

Aside from the obvious disadvantage of Jackie Brown moving in to my girlfriend, leaving precious room for my good self, surely the main issue is the splendid hunting ground for 'treasure' left out on the street as people gut and renovate their houses round these lovely parts?

Who's gonna put their nice old chest out on the street next to heavily armed plod? You know what happens to people with a chair leg in a bag, goodness knows what they'd do if you had a whole chair...::o

Update: 7pm ... No plod outside the house of the MP "for Redditch, Inkberrow, Cookhill and Feckenham" but I did see a woman (poss. Jackie Brown) going into said house when I scampered past. It's weird ... plod there whilst she's indoors/sleeping etc and then no plod at all and her, just brazenly going about her business, like she's normal.

Or something.

Dirty Bird Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Update: 7pm ... No plod outside the house of the

> MP "for Redditch, Inkberrow, Cookhill and

> Feckenham" but I did see a woman (poss. Jackie

> Brown) going into said house when I scampered

> past. It's weird ... plod there whilst she's

> indoors/sleeping etc and then no plod at all and

> her, just brazenly going about her business, like

> she's normal.

>

> Or something.

So just her, four armed officers, and stab vests all round when she pops out to buy milk then?

macker Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------->

> So just her, four armed officers, and stab vests

> all round when she pops out to buy milk then?

Couldn't they at least wear big furry hats and red jackets and have a little sentry box, then we could boost the local economy by attracting tourists and selling touristy knick-knacks?

You see, the natives weren't being unfriendly, but were a-feared of what your sophisticated entertainments might bring in their wake.

And so it turns out - week 2, John Hegley, week 5, the Home Secretary and the poor policepersons who have to stand about on Ivydale Road weilding machine guns.