Alan Carr filming on Peckham Rye

Clearly ED is the place to be filming these days, what with the kev-ster dropping by every month, and now Alan Carr is doing some stuff here (the buck-toothed comedian from the Friday Night Project, not the recently deceased stop smoking guy). He was in the park with a camera crew last week.

Not sure what he was filming, but he was having lunch afterwards in the Rye Hotel wearing a rather fetching yellow shirt with a picture of Ozzy Osbourne stuck on it for reasons unknown...

On the telly he is very annoying indeed. I'm prepared to accept that he may well be better live. His humour seems like it would be better in a sort of shared, colluding type of atmosphere that you rarely get with the telly.

Clearly, - I mean, I am the resident quotable expert on Dogging, just read the South London Press! Would they publish my opinion on shoes? No, obviously not.

You need to employ low cunning - offer tham 1000 words on "What Shoes to Wear When Dogging"?? B)

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Clearly, - I mean, I am the resident quotable

> expert on Dogging, just read the South London

> Press! Would they publish my opinion on shoes? No,

> obviously not.

Well I'm glad *I'm* not the resident expert on dogging

;-)

I love Alan Carr! So many comedians these days seem to love their own reflection a bit too much (stand up Russell Brand). It's great to watch someone who's sharp, totally offbeat and not scared to send himself up completely (love Bill Bailey too for that reason).

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Alan Carr at the Hammersmith Opollo last night and he really was incredibly funny. To be fair to him perhaps it is just that you need to be in the crowd and get into his humour. He was a scream and talked about pushy parents and food allergies - two of my favourite subjects.

Soy milk latte and a coissant prepared in a nut free environment anyone?

Jimmy Carr.. why why why?!

For some reason C4 seem to have given him first dibs on every new panel show and programme featuring 'talking heads' that they make. It won't be long before we'll be seeing 'Top 100 Jimmy Carr Moments' - presented by Jimmy Carr, naturally.

Alan Carr is funny though. He makes me laugh before he even says anything.