Live in East Dulwich and work in .....?????????

Some time ago now I worked in Shepherds Bush and lived next to the Magdala - my commute to work was 1 and a half hours. Hideous! I moved jobs and started working in Camberwell - commute was 10 mins walk - bliss!

I now work in Lewisham. And it got me thinking - where do people work geographically. Have you deliberately tried to stay local to ED or does a long haul in the mornings and evenings not bother you? Would you move from ED to be nearer to work? Who works in the wierdest or furthest place???

I have a very pleasant 15 minutes drive to work and I love it! (the commute, not the job!)

I refuse to commute for more than 1 hour each way tops - 10 hours a week is more than enough for the work/life balance. I would prefer to work in town but without having to cross it - near London Bridge, Blackfriars, Victoria, Charing Cross - if I worked too close to home I'd end up never going into town at all.

I'm in Canary Wharf. Moved to East Dulwich shortly after starting work here to be nearer friends and to reduce my journey from the long flog from the depths of West London. The journey did reduce considerably but rather than getting a seat, I now travel sardine style.

Fitzrovia.

Not as bad as it sounds, 5 minutes walk to Denmark Hill, 10 minutes to Victoria, 10 minutes to Warren St.

Early enough to avoid the sardines (though I wouldn't describe it as pleasant as such). Home early enough for it to actually be fairly pleasant.

Better than my old Camden commute anyway. City was good though. Train to London Bridge, then the walk across it to lift your spirits.

I'm at Westminster these days but always used to (and ideally still would) stay south of the river. In the past, when job hunting, I always tried to stay in areas where bus routes were easy, especially late at night (the joys of working in the arts). Many a good job opportunity had to be missed as the commute to and from just wasn't a thing I was willing to do.

I consider myself very lucky - I work out of two offices: Victoria (right by the station) and nr. Liverpool Street. The Victoria office is 30 mins door-to-door and Liverpool Street is 45 (thanks to heavy traffic taking the bus from London Bridge).

I seem to be the furthest away so far...Ravenscourt Park (West London) used to take me ages (1h15min +). Didn't want to leave the job which was great and didn't want to leave ED which was also great. Sold the car and bought a scooter - it now takes 30min door to door - wish I had done it sooner!

self-employed and a student.

as self employed my job takes me all over, West London (pain to get to), Cricklewood, West End and at home.

Studying at South Bank University so that's easy.

Will be looking for a job after the summer, who knows where I'll end up, preferably centre or city, but I won't move away from ED. Will cycle to work when (if) I get a job.

I'm in the depths of Willesden Junction. I can either do the following -

1. Drive - this can be between 50mins to 1 1/2 hours

2. Train from Denmark Hill to Elephant and Castle and the allllllll the way up The Bakerloo line and then a 10 minute walk

(just like the seventh circle of hell)

3. Ride to Clapham Junction and then overland - 1hr

4. Ride all the way - about 1 15mins - 1 1/2 hours.

I choose to ride. That way I can drink more wine and not feel so guilty.

On a good day it's a leisurely stroll down the stairs, plonk my behind on the sofa and i'm in the office! (Good old wireless!)

On a bad day (which is every 2 weeks!) it's a hefty commute.

Up at 4:30am, drive off at 5am, up DKH to London Bridge, skirt up Bishopsgate, Old Street, through Islington etc. and onwards picking up the A1 to Jct2 of the M1..... then after about 180 miles i'm there. The holy land of Sheffield...hmmm.

I used to be in Archway, which involved the hell of the Northern line every day. I'm now in Eltham which is just as glamorous as Archway, yet a very simple 25 minute drive, or an easy bus journey. Much easier, particularly when I'm working late or wheedling my way home from work drinkies!

Since living in ED I have worked at Bank, Aldgate, Hatton Garden and am about to start commuting to Newbury!!??!?! Its only for 3 days a week for the first few weeks, after which I will be London based again and at the Strand!

Have a very pleasant commute on the no 12 bus to St Thomas' hospital. Until a couple of months ago was commuting back and forth to Canterbury - not very nice. Was a angry wreck by the time I got to the south circular on the way home - so apologies to anyone who was beeped at or gesticulated at by a blue polo driver!!