New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

I am losing track of all the new places that are opening in the area there is so much change going on.

From memory:

ED

1. Speedo Pizza is becoming Burro e Salvia (I got email confirmation from them. They are already in Shoreditch)

2. Adventure Bar is becoming Tsunami (Japanese place in Charlotte Street and opening the end of this month)

3. Franco Manca is taking over the Draft House (opening by the end of the year)

4. Picture House is taking over the Church Hall (opening in December)

5. M&S taking over Iceland-- does anyone know if / when this is actually happening

6. The Dog in Dulwich Village is going to have a boutique hotel

7. Hope and Greenwood will become a 'fancy dog shop'

8. Haus of Wood is rumoured to be turning into a Black Lab Coffee (not sure if this is true)

9. New Cafe and Gymboree where the Electic Cafe used to be on Peckham Rye overlooking the Common

10 La Scala on Grove Vale (new Italian cafe) has just opened

11 Morrisons is rumoured to have taken a small shop on the residential development near ED station

What's happening with the Irish Shop and ED Deli?

What's new in Peckham? Anything else opening in the Village?

Edited to expand list

Thanks for the summary LM. All good.

There was a spell about mid 2000's when lots changed and then I felt for some years it stayed much the same - nice to see new business opening up again as per your list and the new ones already opened over the last 12 months or so.

Haven't had a new curry house for a while.

Yeah edcam, I'm trying not to be skeptical and wish the new venture well...

MickMac-- the pace of change feels like its really accelerated in the last 12 months. I've lived here for pushing 10 years and I'm not sure I've noticed so many shops that look like building sites at once.

I just remembered that Haus of Wood is becoming a coffee shop right and a new Italian coffee place just opened near ED station

Sydenham, and EVEN Penge *gasp* are areas where change is afoot too. Since moving to Penge in Feb it really feels like ED did maybe 12 years back. People are coming for the housing which is similar stock to ED but a fair bit cheaper, and with them is coming change.

I'm happy with that so long as I get a good pub and they keep the 99p shop (Oh my God that place is wicked, who knew?!)

I was sitting outside Oddonos last night and there were lot's of people outside Jade's too. It's good on that little stretch, because the pavement is wide enough to accommodate outside seating. Add the new Italian to the parade and it will be quite buzzy.

Shame about Moxon's stinking it up tho ;-)

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Re 99P shop, been using the one in Peckham for

> > years and frequently said so on here (LadyD is

> too

> > I think) :)

>

> Isn't there a 98p shop in Peckham? You're being

> mugged off.

:)

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Re 99P shop, been using the one in Peckham for years

Which one in particular? There are at least four.

Also, not a new business as such, but looks like Peckham Refreshment Rooms are expanding into the shop next door.