Baby foxes

Al&Em

Leave the foxes alone and eliminate the greater scourge - toddlers and babies. I have just spent the last few hourse being driven to distraction by the assorted un-restrained sprogs in various ED eateries. First, a quick bite in the Dulwich Cafe where I was treated to a 20 minute percussion lesson by a child in a high-chair possessed of a ceramic cup and metal sppon. No attempt was made by parents to dissuade said brat. Thence to Cafe Nero where I sipped a latte to the accompaniment of screaming babies, having navigated my way through the collection of armoured vehicles that these days pass for 'prams'. Having had my relaxed sip there completely destroyed I sought some form of solace in what I believed might be the reasonable adult and sedate mid-afternoon surroundings of the Black Cherry. Immediately after I entered I spied two prams and a couple of mothers babies clutched to their breasts in what appeared to be the process of burping. Babies/toddlers dont know better - adults should. End this scourge! Out with the weaponry!

My objecion relates to parents who make no attempt to restrain or discipline their kids. My mum certainly went out but it would have been a cold day in hell that I was allowed to get on and create mayhem the way so many of the local kids seem allowed to. I know a local retailer who is driven to distraction by kids in his shop who are regularly allowed by their parents to run amok, knocking over displays, pulling items off shelves etc. Said retailer feels unable to comment for fear of offending parents who would then probably use a forum like this to brand the shop "child hostile!" or some such nonsense. The most the parents seem to come out with is the occasional "Darling, don't!" but of course 'Darling' DOES and no further attempt is made to discipline or dissuade.

I don't think it unreasonable to expect to be able to go somewhere in ED for a quiet snack or drink without feeling that one has walked into a kindergarten! Just as you (quite rightly, within reason) champion the rights of mums with kids, so I think it is reasonable to champion the rights of adults without kids who are quite happy for kids to be around the place but expect that they be under some sort of control.

Leave the foxes be.

If anything, trap them and release them further afield.

Yes they're not the cute fluufy darlings as depicted in kids books, but they also don't deserve to be exterminated just for existing.

The program that was mentioned was interesting viewing indeed. Especially the idiot who kept chickens without proper protection for them.

Personally i think he deserved shooting...

(The extermination guy on the program was a hoot though. He had a screw or two loose in his head, especially with his story of a fox who once attacked a baby in it's bed once...?

Like when?

1832?)

Fractionater and tom,

Foxes are great and do not have "killer instincts" like yourselves. They kill to survive and it is part of the natural circle.

Unfortunately "ignorance" can't be killed.

You are very sad people (td)