Aircraft noise -

lparsons

lparsons Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We are on Crebor Street (near Dunstans Road) -

> anyone else noticing this change or does it come

> and go ?

It comes and goes for us. The flight paths vary depending on conditions.

Have you seen these sites?

http://www.heathrowairport.com/noise/what-you-can-do/track-flights-on-maps

http://hacan.org.uk/

I see after having a hunt around I can see this an exhausted topic! Had no idea, never noticed it before certainly not in our new flat so wanted check if it was a new thing, bit annoying. (particularly last night)

They must vary the paths so thats the first time we noticed,

L

edcam Wrote:

> Just what we need, another thread about aircraft

> noise.

Totally agree... I lived in Kew for 20 yrs and that's where you get proper aircraft noise... sick of this pointless bleeting about flight paths etc

The planes seemed particularly noisy and particularly early this morning!

Did you not see that op apologised for duplicating the topic Dog duck? If you think another thread "bleeting (sic) about flight paths" is pointless then why did you click on it? Presumably just so that you could have a go at someone who has inadvertently committed an EDF faux pas?

You know that Admin will lounge or lock the thread sooner or later.

• 2 months later...

The first lovely lovely evening of spring, and the question in my mind is whether it is reasonable or unreasonable to have zero respite from plane noise, whatever time of day it occurs? I thought 20 planes an hour were the max allowed but they have been going over constantly this evening. Did anyone else notice this?

Airport decisions are highly commercial, and political, as far as I can see. It's not bleating it is about reasonable decisions. I was driven inside.

PS I searched EDF on 'plane' and this was the first thread that came up, happy to get redirected to a link and I might learn how flight paths & frequency can occur like this evening.

Hi KirstyH,

If the noise troubles you then please consider joining HACAN who campaign to reduce the noise impact of Heathrow and HACAN East who campaign against the noisei mpact of London City Airport.

And the balance between all interested parties in when, where and how noisy planes fly over us is entirely political.

This thread seems a bit - well, lifeless. While there has been plenty of sniping about previous extensive threads on the subject of aircraft noise (which helps me get back to sleep so I can't see what the fuss is about anyway), the discussion is lacking a bit of oomph. Maybe some reference to, I don't know, newbies perhaps, or blow-ins. Where have you gone dear Louisa? East Dulwich turns its lonely eyes to you...

I was surprised to find threads on aircraft noise as its never bothered me before (after 9 years in ED) but I was woken up this morning by a low flying aircraft at 6.15 and then there was a succession of them so I thought I'd see if anyone else noticed a particular problem this morning?

How do airports choose and get approval for their routing. Agree of course they need to fly somewhere. On what basis are these routes authorised. I did see some passing statement in a Dulwich Society email that City Airport's routing had recently changed without any announcements and that this was to be investigated. Not seen anything since tho.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Aircraft have to fly over someone's home..

> Especially when landing.

>

> Anyone who has ever flown has absolutely no

> right to complain about Aircraft noise.

>

> So get over it.

Couldn't agree more. There are much more pressing things to worry about.

> DulwichFox

Well because it's a forum, where people comment on things etc.

Nutmeg Wrote:

> yes of course there are but why is it that the

> people who feel there are so many more pressing

> things to worry about are the very ones who choose

> to waste their time commenting on these things!

Perhaps the people here complaining about anyone wanting to discuss the noise (again) should draw up a list of things we are allowed to talk or not talk about with others living locally. Would that make things easier? Or perhaps if you don't want to discuss aircraft noise you should just not click on the link and let the rest of us get on with it.

I've often wanted to discuss the aircraft noise on here but know it is pointless with others trying to derail the conversation just because the noise isn't a problem to them (well good for you) or they clearly have more important things to talk about.

Well on occasion (Quite regularly) they do literally fly directly over my house.

If I'm indoors and the windows are closed I don't hear them. 'Double Glazing'

The only time they ever wake me up is in the summer if I leave my bedroom window open.

That is Very rarely.

DulwichFox

Of course you're allowed to complain about it, just as others are allowed to comment that it isn't a problem.

DollyDee Wrote:

> Perhaps the people here complaining about anyone

> wanting to discuss the noise (again) should draw

> up a list of things we are allowed to talk or not

> talk about with others living locally. Would that

> make things easier? Or perhaps if you don't want

> to discuss aircraft noise you should just not

> click on the link and let the rest of us get on

> with it.

>

> I've often wanted to discuss the aircraft noise on

> here but know it is pointless with others trying

> to derail the conversation just because the noise

> isn't a problem to them (well good for you) or

> they clearly have more important things to talk

> about.

I saw a plane yesterday flying what I perceived as really low (could make out the windows); maybe a flight path has changed bringing the planes lower and making them louder. I have new double glazing in my bathroom And could still hear the planes at 6am this morning...