What doctors surgery would you recommend?

MissLiz

Hi all, I'm soon to move to Copleston Road and wondered if anyone could recommend a good GP's surgery nearby? I have looked on NHS Choices etc but can't find any surgeries nearby that are rated very highly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Because there aren't any. They all have good strengths and intolerable weaknesses. Take your pick. The amazing midwives at DMC are a compelling reason enough to choose them if you're going to get pregnant. But you'll have to fight tooth and nail to get an appointment for anything else. Good luck!

Hmm i'm not in the catchment area for The Gardens unfortunately and 306 might be a bit far if I was feeling particularly unwell or going to work afterwards. Looks like Chadwick Road it is! Hoping it isn't as bad as all the reviews online.

Melbourne grove medical centre are quite good, they are always polite on reception. They're just by east Dulwich station....I recently moved to them from chadwick road. Was with chadwick road for about 15 years god knows why, they never had any appointments and I experienced quite alot of rude staff...try Melbourne grove medical centre

cheesecakeee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Melbourne grove medical centre are quite good,

> they are always polite on reception. They're just

> by east Dulwich station....I recently moved to

> them from chadwick road. Was with chadwick road

> for about 15 years god knows why, they never had

> any appointments and I experienced quite alot of

> rude staff...try Melbourne grove medical centre

A happy patient of MGMC. I'm shocked!

Actually Melbourne Grove has improved recently. The reception staff are now polite and efficient and I have received good service from doctors and nurses/nurse practitioners. There is still a delay in getting appointments, but this seems to be a problem common to most practices these days. This improvement may be down to the practice manager who has been in post for about a year now and who was previously a nurse practitioner.

Chadwick Road used to be good and much better than DMC crystal Palace Road from what I read on here. Recently CR has gone down hill with a ridiculous appointment system which requires you to phone repeatedly at 8am only to be told by 8.15 that all the appointments have gone and to try again tomorrow. Their reception staff can be extremely rude and obstructive with a real 'computer says no' attitude. On a positive note, the GPs there have always been excellent when. You do manage to see them.

I've been with Melbourne Grove for some years now and it has improved, though I have not had too many problems with the surgery overall. The not quite on the ball doctors have now gone. On very few occasions have I not got a same day appointment. Some times it is necessary to keep trying the number, especially first thing when they open at 8am. If you ring early morning you will be given a morning appointment. For afternoon appointments, it is necessary to ring around mid-day or go there if able to. Compared to comments regarding other surgeries in the area, I do not think that Melbourne Grove is bad in comparison.

I've been with Melbourne Grove for over 8 years, and I have never managed to see the same Dr twice.

About 4-5 years ago all of the established practitioners left, and there appeared to be a lot of temporary/locum staff

to fill in. That said, the care I received was always fine, but not great if you are a patient with complex health problems and need continuity of care.

Luckily I haven't needed to visit them in the past year, except for a routine health check. So hopefully things have started to improve.