Eliz's Bakery

nutty

Sure Nutty, I know it - it's probably just joining the list of vacant lots on LL. Currently Hindwoods Hunter Payne are listing one of the Walsh units, the Unwins shop, the old mobile phone shop and even Anterior Trading on North Cross Road as up for grabs. Eliz's is smaller and less flexible than most of those.

Some of the proposed rents would require big balls from a local trader to take on - several thousand pounds a month. These can be easy to cover in the medium term as a loss leader for national chains, but that's not economic for nick-nacks unless we've have a massive increase in transient visitors.

I don't think Eliz's is big enough for a chain unless it's a pizza delivery place or equivalent.

The last time I saw Liz in Sainsburys, I asked her what was going on, and she informed me that a couple had taken it on as a project to be turned into a smoothie bar, with a garden area. Anyone else elaborate?

I could be mistaking the site but I called the council about it (or maybe the old Unwins) a while back and the planning application was for an Indian takeaway. Just what we need. Well on the bright side it's a little different; not a restaurant but a TAKEAWAY!

I asked the outfitters today, and although they wouldn't tell me who it was, they told me they were outfitting it as a clothes store. It's all opened up inside, with pine-effect double doors leading out to the back yard. Here's a candid shot...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/360674194_deb7660804_m.jpg

There doesn't seem to be much sign of a bar or counter and those all-white walls and spotlights would suggest that a trendy shop was the most likely occupier...

Batdog, mebbe they'll do a Kaftan and some mystic stones for you on special???

• 2 weeks later...

batdog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That would be a great location for a New Age

> shop..... another item missing from ED.... gosh

> people only think of Food shop and Bar &

> Restaurant ????

whats a new age shop ?