Parking Idea

snorky

My Ocado fellow was complaining this morninmg about how difficult it is to get parked close to the delivery address and suddenly an apt East Dulwich Idea came to me.

Designated Ocado Delivery parking bays in All streets

Policed by the traffic wardens as part of their remit, only Ocado delivery vans can park there between 6AM & 12PM.

seeing as EVERYONE in ED seems to use the mighty Ocado Waitrose, wouldnt this be a FANTASTCI idea that would benefit all members of the community as well as supprot out most popular local business ?

ha ha

If we clamped-down on riff-raff vehicles, this might not be necessary. We could form an 'exclusion zone' around SE22 to keep-out vehicles over a certain age. Any offending car found within the zone to be destroyed: Belgrano-stylee.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ha ha

>

> If we clamped-down on riff-raff vehicles, this

> might not be necessary. We could form an

> 'exclusion zone' around SE22 to keep-out vehicles

> over a certain age. Any offending car found within

> the zone to be destroyed: Belgrano-stylee.

Im assuming the pre-emptive shock and awe attacks on Iceland delivery vans would be the norm ?

I really like that idea Snorks.

We could call it 'community' vehicles, and allocate maybe 4 spaces per street for either regular deliveries or car clubs?

They could be situated at the 'blind' end of terraces (i.e. not in front of people's houses), painted up as such by the council etc.

I notice in Herne Hill Spenser Road the Streetcar has a painted up location entitled 'Car Club', this must have been council-led surely?

Richard Thomas, what do you think?

>>seeing as EVERYONE in ED seems to use the mighty Ocado Waitrose, wouldnt this be a FANTASTCI idea that would benefit all members of the community as well as supprot out most popular local business<<

There is in truth the germ of a fabulously good idea here, as long as you extend it to the likes of Pretty Traditional's & William Rose's delivvery vans too. (And I know the likes of Tesco & Sainsbury's also do home deliveries, but really one hs to draw a line somewhere eh what?). Thanks to online shopping/supermarket home delivery I & no doubt scores of my near-neighbours now never have to inflict our exhaust fumes or use up valuable car parking space in and around Lordship Lane/Dog Kennel Hill. I get all the heavy boring stuff - cases of cat food, dishwasher tablets, loo rolls, cans of curried baked beans etc etc - delivered cheerfully to my door - nay to my very kictchn table! - freeing me up to do the quality food shopping locally and car-lessly at my leisure.

Mind you I think William Rose could go a step further in the environentally-sound delivery direction by dumping the van and instead acquiring a number of old-fashioned butchers' bicycles - the sort with the big wicker baskets attached- but I suppose these might be chased by foxes as well as dogs hereabouts and that hill up Lordsship Lane is a bit of a bastard....