Lordship lane closed (August 08 2015)

Jennys

Have to thank the lovely ladies from the charity shop on the corner, who were on scene with the lady who was knocked over. One of the ladies is a nurse, she comforted her throughout the ordeal.

Hope the lady is ok, sending her lots of love and healing.

I now have an update....

Brand New Guy was correct in that the car involved had been turning right out of Frogley Rd.

It was a mini cab but for possible legal reasons best not to mention the company involved.

The lady a friend of mine is very poorly. She has multiple injuries to her pelvis, hip and lower legs.

She is in intensive care and in an induced coma to aid her recovery.

She is very well known by many E.D. residents who are shocked by this incident.

Please join me in wishing here a full and swift recovery.

DulwichFox

I cannot believe that any organisation established to serve the needs of local people would establish a system that so woefully fails to meet their needs. One) you can never see your doctor. Two) You not allowed to book in advance unless it's on Friday. They are utterly useless and not actually interested in providing a decent level of healthcare.

IanMacnaughton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I cannot believe that any organisation established

> to serve the needs of local people would establish

> a system that so woefully fails to meet their

> needs. One) you can never see your doctor. Two)

> You not allowed to book in advance unless it's on

> Friday. They are utterly useless and not actually

> interested in providing a decent level of

> healthcare.

It worries me in that we are in an age where people should not

be in pain for long periods - but they are apparently.

Foxy , please send my best wishes to your friend ,she has been on my mind since I witnessed this sad event , I was one of those who called for an ambulance .Thank you for letting us know how she is doing .

I was in a life/death situation a few years ago. I too waited long for an ambulance, and had to call them twice while in distress, being for them to hurry because I was home alone with my 7 year old child who was starting to panic from what she was witnessing, it is beyond terrifying to wait in the crevasse between life and death. I would have wanted some one like the nurse from the charity shop, Save the Children by my side. I saw the accident, I saw the look in the woman's face and recognized what she was going through. I went to the charity shop and asked Ellie Hazel out for coffee, just to thank her, just to let her know that her act of compassion is truly beautiful and there are many in ED who really appreciate what she did for the injured woman. What most of you don't know is that Ellie's compassion also went out to the taxi drive who she could see was in a state of shock. After the injured woman was taken away by the ambulance, Ellie's attention turned towards the driver. She's a true humanitarian! Thank you Ellie Hazel!