New childrens wear shop in ED?

Casper29 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone heard about a new childrens wear shop

> that is supposed to be opening in East Dulwich?

> What you think?

What do we think, Mr-doing-my-market-research?

Well, adopting the persona of Violet Elizabeth Bott for one moment, it makes me want to thkweem and thkweem and thkweem...

Its SO sad when Mummies spend serious cahs on designer labels for toddles and babies, knwoping fine well they will have grown out of them in a few months or weeks - Why Do this ? Who does it benefit ? ( apart from the grinning shop owners )

so very very sad

Don't be silly Snorky, if the baby isn't wearing the best new label, the other mummies in the Blue Mountain might think less of him/her ;-)

It's not as bad as when people have their childrens ears peirced, I hate that!!!!!!! Any kid too young to choose to have their ear peirced shouldn't have to go through it cos their dumb arse parent wants it!!! It does actually hurt a bit, why put your kid through that!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well Amelie, I am not sure that culture is reason enough. Circumcision of children without medical indication (particularly female genital mutilation) is sometimes deemed to be culturally acceptable but is rightly perceived as child abuse in this country. I think ear piercing of babies should come into a similar category.

DM

In Spain, you'll spot many baby girls with pierced ears as the majority of parents want people to know that she's a girl. Personally I find it a bit bizarre as the studs are the size of the baby's nose usually but as Amelie says, this is part of their culture. Just as Spanish babies wear shoes from a very early age when they show no sign of walking. I know, I know, shoes come off and on easily and pierced ears are a different kettle of fish altogether. I wasn't allowed pierced ears until I was 14 ... if you're interested - have I been lounged yet?!

Pierced ears will only become infected if the practitioner is not very good, I had mine done at 14 in a pharmacy in Bromley, and if you don't keep the pierced areas clean afterwards. Surgical Spirit is good. There are lots of things done to children by their parents, quite legally, where they have no choice and whilst I don't overly care for the sight of toddlers with pierced ears I'm not going to tell a parent from an ethnic minority that they shouldn't have done it.