Honor Oak - the new old On ED?

During my endless driving lessons (damn reversing round a corner) I've been driving around the area a good deal. Now I'm not so horror stricken and afeared I have been able to notice my environment rather than just spotting "hazards". It seems to me that Honor Oak is a rather lovely place and reminds me a little of the "old" east dulwich. A mixture of a scuzzy and snazzy. Is Honor Oak actually east dulwich already (I mean does ed extend that far), is it lovlier than the old or new ed or am i looking at it through a rose-tinted windscreen?

There are some good houses and a few nice looking streets (inc. the brilliantly named 'Gladiator Street') but Honor Oak's a lot smaller than ED and lacks a real centre. The tapas bar's great and the second hand furniture store is (to my mind) better than anything on LL. But, and it's a big but, the shabby streets are really shabby and full of the between wars house I can't ever see being all that popular.

I've lived in 5 boroughs during the last 13 years but have never witnessed ED's combination of great open spaces, good housing and really useful gift shops replicated anywhere else in London.

there is a knightrider court and pub called 'number one knightrider court' in st pauls

otherwise, i feel that parts of honor oak certainly echo an east dulwich of days gone by, although it does remind me also of parts of modern-day streatham but with slightly smaller houses and hopefully less terrorists.

when I said

'?and really useful gift shops replicated anywhere else in London.

I meant to say 'and really the most useful gift shops anywhere in the world, even accounting for Upper Street".

I just spent time house hunting all over the south. Honor Oak appealed as an idea, near ED, some shops and cafes, but ultimately it's a big crossroads near Brockley. And yes Joe, very like Streatham in it's bleakness but without terrorists, an ice rink or Elvis impersonators to liven things up. Queue someone popping up with 'I know the ice skating terrorist Elvis of Honor Oak' etc.