Planning application submitted for new DHFC stadium

According to today's Southwark News, Hadley Property Group has submitted its "final planning application" for a new DHFC stadium on Green Dale. I can't find anything on Southwark Council's website yet and the article states, "The application will now be considered by Southwark Council, which will start its own consultation period in the near future."

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/final-plans-new-dulwich-hamlet-stadium-submitted/

Disappointing that Southwark News didn't print the Friends of Green Dale's response to last week's misleading letter from Liam Hickey, yet they printed another letter today attacking FOGD's position ? from someone who states quite incorrectly, "Perhaps a few facts may help to bring a little perspective. The stadium will not extend beyond where the current pitch actually sits." Oh yes it will!

The application's just appeared on the Southwark Council site:

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9565663

Redevelopment of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club to include demolition of existing buildings and the erection of new stadium including playing pitch, clubhouse and stand, 155 residential dwellings in a series of buildings up to 6 storeys, associated car parking and cycle parking, multi-use games area (MUGA), enhancements to existing open space at Green Dale Fields, the creation of new public linear park and the relocation of telecommunication equipment.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> According to today's Southwark News, Hadley

> Property Group has submitted its "final planning

> application" for a new DHFC stadium on Green Dale.

Except they haven't. The applications's been made by Bilfinger BVA (or, rather, GVA Grimley Ltd which, for reasons undisclosed, prefers to use an alias) on behalf of Greendale Property Company Limited, which is, I believe, the very same offshore outfit as the freeholder. Why they've chosen this moment to peel back a layer of distransparency isn't clear. Perhaps it's because the likes of Farrells, Savills and all the other hangers-on might not have played ball with an outfit that has (at least on paper) less than no money. Or perhaps it's because it keeps HPG (and thus DHFC) well away from the parts of the redevelopment that might threaten to be profitable.

For those that don't find it fun to pick their way through the fragmentized chaos of the council's site, I've stitched the main application document back together. I think this is OK because it's a public document and, besides, there's no copyright notice on it.

That may be because any notice might have appeared at the end and the financial viability stuff, which would have appeared at the end, is so unutterably confidential that we're not allowed to see what they're trying to get the council to believe. But I'm happy to take full responsibility for that and, should they choose to let me know that they'd prefer me to have noticed what they've hidden, I can make it disappear just as well as they can.

Burbage Wrote:

> The applications's been made

> by Bilfinger BVA (or, rather, GVA Grimley Ltd

> which, for reasons undisclosed, prefers to use an

> alias) on behalf of Greendale Property Company

> Limited, which is, I believe, the very same

> offshore outfit as the freeholder.

Offshore freeholder?

Will the Budget 2016 Red Book paras 2.95 and 2.96 apply?

John K

No, they aren't there yet, which is extraordinary. The list of documents on Southwark's planning site refers to seven 'chapters', but only five are there, so maybe the stadium plans are in the last two chapters. The application details went briefly offline this morning, but there are no more documents there now than there were yesterday.

jacks09 Wrote:

> struggling to open the docs - whats the proposed

> capacity and seating arrangements? Covers on all

> sides?

The documents we're currently allowed to see don't have any details about the stadium. In compensation, however, there's some lyrical prose about Farrell's wonderful Vision, and some lovely artistic impressions of how elegantly the 155 residential units will ornament the space they'll be replacing.

Well, the case officer has confirmed (see below) that the application is currently invalid as all the necessary documents have not yet been received. I'm surprised that a proposed development of this scale would drop the ball with regard to the basics.

"Application 16/AP/1232 for the redevelopment of Dulwich Hamlet FC is currently invalid as we have not received all of the required documents from the applicant. Following receipt of these and validation we will be then be starting formal public consultation. Please no not rely on the current information on the Council?s website as due to the number and size of documents submitted it is taking our administration team a significant amount of time to upload them. I would recommend that you wait until formal consultation has begun."

I've been trying to log on to Southwark's planning website for the last few weeks for a different application. I usually get this, whichever phone or computer I use to access the site:

http://i65.tinypic.com/685vr9.png

155 dwellings seems excessive for a plot of land the size of a football pitch.

@Blackcurrant - you need to think in three dimensions: they are planning 6 stories, using the goddawful King's nursing accommodation as a precedent (btw, how did _that_ get built?).

But you're right in your general point: this is going to change the area completely, including the "open" aspect of the remaining Metropolitan Open Land.

This is one of the key documents - the justification for the whole thing, contained in section 6. From a quick look through, the primary justification for building on MOL is the contention that the club is financially unsustainable in its current form, yet I have not so far found any accounts or financial statements in the submission that support this (frankly surprising) assertion.

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk/documents/?GetDocument=%7b%7b%7b!s5yeW%2bePQpbhAWzOWHVWkg%3d%3d!%7d%7d%7d

• 2 weeks later...

I've redone the technical drawing to calculate the ground taken by the proposed development using the original data from the submitted planning application. Where my last drawings were as accurate as possible given the total lack of dimensions offered in the public consultations, these are totally accurate to Hadley's/Farrell's own drawings.

The alarming figures are:

Total Metropolitan Open Land (MOL) taken in new stadium development - 8121 square meters

Area needed beyond existing astroturf pitch - 2733 square meters (one third of total MOL needed)

Area of MOL to be built upon (covered terraces, infrastructure, 2.4m concrete wall) -1282 square meters.

This final figure equates to more than 16 average UK house sizes built on MOL.

I've again attached a representation of the drawing to illustrate the figures.

I urge local residence to object to this planning application by leaving a comment on the Southwark planning page, and also by writing into the Planning department to object.