About time for a forum drink up

Well we've been trading repartee, banter, ire and gossip for a while now and perhaps it's time for a get together to enjoy the fine victuals and potions lordship lane has to offer; discuss the relative merits or lack thereof of claphamites, and continue arguing over the best curry house. Perhaps even ease CrystalClear into his blind date in safe a conducive atmosphere.

Anybody up for it? Suggestions of time and place gratefully received, but I'd suggest at least a fortnight's notice. Let's hope it's slightly more successful than East Dulwich flickr meet, otherwise it'll be Huguenot, Crystal and I again. (in fact if we get some momentum going I may be forced to cross post)

Interesting idea.. plenty of different opinions on here to make it lively. Technically we should go the the Best Bar and then on for some food at the Best Indian Restaurant - but I suspect we would never agree

For what it's worth my vote for a meeting place would be Liqourish

Haha, yes I was thinking that even getting concensus on a place to meet might be nigh on impossible on this forum.

We could schedule a pub crawl as per one of the suggestions and perhaps people could drop in and out of the crawl to fit in nicely with their plans (or in my case when we reach the vale), with either a stop for food, or grazing on the way.

Or should we be a little less ambitious and just find a pub? Liquorice is great if it's less than about 5, anything more and it'd be a bit cramped, likewise inside72.

Anyway, sounds like fun whatever we do.

Polly, you forgot to mention quaywe, who I'm hoping will arrive armed with flint and iron, but yes could be entertaining.

I'm not sure about the 27th, will have to check the diary. If we're doing a bt of a crawl then saturday is preferable, if we make an evening of it then midweek is better as weekends to tend to get booked out about a year in advance these days *sigh*

I wondered about quaywe's absence as well

If it is that weekend then I can't make it as I'm in Ireland - not that THAT would stop it happening but you know... for info and all...

Surely be sheer dint of us all being customers in the magdala at the same time, it should be easy to spot each other.

Bu i'm up for long trench coat, trilby and dark glasses? Except quaywe if he magically reappears, who can stand in a corner and shout at imaginary people ;)

27th so far looking good btw.

or should we all post our best pic up on this thread?

Ooh.. aah.. meeting up in 'the real world'.. is that wise?

Naturally, in the cyberworld I am tall, handsome, sociable, effortlessly charming, thoughtful and fair. The reality, however (short, enormous pointy chin, balding with a comb-over, rude, BNP-voter) might prove to be a big disappointment.

Alas I am waving-off a friend who's 'going travelling' (I know.. yawn) on that evening.

But I must know how it all went: all inappropriate touching / punching must be reported.

Well I didn't realise my slow start to the year would be noticed. Hello my fellow EDF'ers and a happy NY to you all. Yes I had a good Xmas break. In the end, feeling a little home sick, the Mrs and I opted for a tiki-tour of Wales. It was great. Welsh sheep don't fight back anywhere near as much as kiwi one's!

SO we're talking of stepping out of our "Second Lives" and into the realm of the Lordship Lane?! Will we wear name badges that say "Hello, my name is: EDKiwi" OR what about a more 'interesting' anonymous badge "Hello, my name is: EDF Member"? Personally I think the former, as I think the accent will give me away regardless!

Then again, I'm not sure if I should show at all. It's much easier to voice opinion and offend people when you're hiding behind a pseudo name. I might actually have to be NICE for a change!

Good thinking Piers, 27th is okay... Was meant to be going to some gig thig, but out on the 26th aswell, so will be nicer to stay local!!!!

Mag seems to be the sensible place to start from, then we can get less and less sensible as we work our way down!

I'd be interested, but the latest sprog is finally due back from hospital* tomorrow and I suspect I might be a bit busy. I'll keep an eye on the thread though and pop along if I get a chance.

* This also explains why I haven't been around much lately.

It seems to be becoming the defacto date, as no other suggestions so far. I've alot on that day unfortunately so I won't be able to make it til the evening. Maybe 7:30; don't know if that's a good kick off time full stop or if people will indeed be meeting up earlier at the Mag for a bit of an LL crawl.