The forum at the Festival Fair, this Sunday, Goose Green

Just a reminder the first major festival of the year is this Sunday, 13th May on Goose Green. There will be a fire engine, free bouncy castles, face painting and badge making for the little kids and then there will be stalls, entertainment and a beer tent for the big kids. I can also confirm that Chilli Pete and his chilli stall will be there.

The Forum will also be there, a small tent, some chairs and a couple of tables i.e. a place to come and chat, meet other locals and just have a gossip so feel free to bring your drinks over and relax. If I can work out how to do it I will put up four boards: Issues/Gossip, Classifieds, What's on and About the Forum" where people can put up messages on the day (has anyone access to lots of post-it notes? PM me if you have).

We will also have some limited edition East Dulwich postcards available on the day (as long as the printer pulls his finger out) so please come by and pick one up. The newly formed East Dulwich WI will also be with us so come along and find out about them and buy their cakes.

Personally, I would love to meet people who use the forum so whether you've never posted before or are a frequent poster please do come and say hello. I respect the fact that some people may wish to stay anonymous so please be assured that I won't disclose your identity to others. Oh, I think that when people meet people from the forum in real life they introduce themselves with their real name then their posting name if they want e.g. "Hi, I'm Tarquin I post as The ED Devil". I have a feeling that the phrase "Do you post?" will be heard a lot that day.

More details on the Festival Fair can be seen on the website http://www.festivalfair.co.uk and in SE22 Magazine that's out now

I look forward to meeting lots of people and having a lovely day next Sunday

Mark

ps I forgot to say thank you to everyone who donated money towards this at the last Forum get together, it really has helped make this possible so thank you.

Am going to try my best to get there with Mr Mumra, mini Mumra and both mumra-in-laws. Having said that have realised that this may take up all available tent space, so probably just swing by.

I have to work that day.

I looked at the pix from last year. What struck me was how 'PLU" (people like us) it was. I know that ED has a certain demographic, but I'd say 90% were white, 20-50 somethings. There are black and asian people living around here, but why are they not there? I rarely see ethnic minorities in The Palmerston, Black Cherry, Caffe Nero, Jacks, etc. It disturbs me and makes me feel uncomfortable about why this should be. Do the minorities feel excluded? Are there any ethnio minority EDF posters? Discuss. Nero

Thanks for all the support, hopefully the weather will hold out. If anyone's got any spare post-its (the larger the better) then please bring them along on the day or to the Clockhouse on Friday.

One of the purposes of the forum is that it's a place where people find out about local information so if you have any local information you would like to advertise please bring it along on the day and we'll put it out. Whether it's events or local businesses or anything of interest please feel free to use us at the fair to tell people about it. All for free of course.

The postcards have arrived!:)) And they're actually quite good, OK, they're alright but they're something to be treasured. I look forward to giving everyone from the forum a free one on Friday night at the drinks. For the rest of you, they'll be on sale at the Fair on Sunday, I haven't worked out how much yet but probably something like 20p each or 5 for a ?1 which is a bargin considering they'll probably be on Ebay for ?50 next week.

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd love to come along, but Im hell bent on

> destroying the evil of capitalism that day.And

> have to pop into to Lidl as well.

Actually, cosnsidering my curent beef wiv Lidl ( see Lidle parking charges in general ) , I may just walk to Somerfield instead.