The (new) clock house

Well we had a mixed experience there yesterday.

The refit is, well, odd. It's hanging around the if it ain't broke territory, but of course has plumped for the inevitable flock wallpaper gentlemans drawing room thingy in one corner and strange tall tables, but fine really.

The food was nothing short of a disaster, taking well over an hour for anything to come out, and it wasn't busy, and the quality didn't merit it's ?11 asking price.

That said they were very apologetic and we got full refunds. The chap who was dealing with us was very friendly and gave us terrific service (once they'd remembered about the food) and I guess mitigating circumstances, it was their first full sunday on the case. Plus nowt wrong with the beer.

In short, drop your prices by 4 quid and get to grips with getting food to tables on time and i'll be happy to go back.

Ooh, and matts cold platter was quite nice

Well I've just got back from the Dark Horse, and I have to say the Clock House should wander down and learn a thing or two. Great service, friendly, relaxed (like the clockhouse) but more importantly well trained and efficient.

Plus if you're going to charge 11 pounds for a main course learn to cook like they do there. Frankly Superb (and cheaper on a monday, hurrah!!)