petrol station raid

woodie

kid wanted a jam doughnut, so we stopped in at tescos station by horniman. I parked where i could see the car from within (it was raining,kid didnt want to leave car), ran in to tescos. Got the doughnut within seconds, was almost at front of the queue which was short. There seemed to be some confusion at the till, a new person on early days..A bunch of vans and cars drove rapidly into the station (blocked off my car) and it was a whole squad of black dressed bullet proof'd 'immigration border control' something like that, pro's. For a second I thought it was me they were after because the girl was alone in the car. I could see her so I was ready. They streamed past me took a couple of employees into the back , So now the poor new girl is running the petrol station . She served me I went back to the car noticing how like a movie it was, officers covering officers, hand signals, coordinating moves. As we were blocked in we sat in the car and munched away. Not much to report. I could see every exit was guarded. A few of them came out and started moving their unmarked vehicles around parking them so the station was less blocked up. The one that blocked me got moved. I was about to begin to turn on the engine when My little one began to demand apple juice. So, we went back, her with me this time. Rain had stopped. What officers I could see seemed less hyped now. So in we went. It was surreal. Bar one customer just about every person in there, plain clothes or not had hand cuffs swinging from their belts. About 15 people. Most of the cars waiting at the pumps had been theirs too.

Heres the funny bit. The lady in front of me has clearly not realised whats happening. In a nasal toned 'well spoken' way she has begun berating the new girl who is looking mortified . "Look heeaar your management need to know the service here needs improving, ive been waiting at the pump for ten minutes now. Ive been banging on the window, theres another customer has been waiting for even longer". She was giving that girl hell. Even the officers are looking at her by now. Quite a performance. I was just next to angry lady ,so i put on my mr polite (interrupting twat) voice and softly said to her, "madam excuse me but there is some sort of a police raid going on here and the staff seem to be all in the back". Whooh she was mad when our eyes met. get this,

She looks back at the girl and shouts "well even so!!" classic.

We left so i dont know how it all ended up.

All I can say is if youre unlucky enough to be descended upon by these guys,they are on you before you know it and the exits and exits of exits are blocked.

Life simply ain't fair sometimes!(6)

I've been to all my local Garages for 25 years and Nuttin',Nil,Niet,None,No-Score just usual boring people queueing politely and patiently while the pleasantries are extended from the well-mannered Staff.

No action,No Drama,Nothing to report.

Just go in,queue,pay,say Thanks and drive off.:X....The sooner I return to an area where people "keep it real" the better for my sanity..(!)

kford Wrote:

Scary stuff. Maybe they should try the offices of

Southwark parking next:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7632597.stm

I take it you mean this :))kford

Wardens flee immigration checks

Friday, 19 September 2008

Almost half Lambeth's wardens failed to turn up to work

By Greg Truscott

ALMOST 50 traffic wardens in one borough have resigned over immigration checks.

Forty-eight Lambeth council parking attendants ? half of the borough?s on-street workforce ? failed to show up for work when the council?s new parking contractor began running checks on their immigration status.

It is thought these were illegal immigrants or ?overstayers? who did not have the right to work in the UK.

SOME HAD DOLED OUT TICKETS FOR YEARS PRIOR TO THE IMMIGRATION CHECKS last month.

The wardens left their jobs after new council parking contractor NCP Services took over from previous contractor Apcoa on August 1.

NCP told the wardens ? whose jobs had been transferred over to the new contractor ? they would be subject to passport checks.

Within days, around 48 parking attendants failed to show up for their shifts.

??In Lambeth there were 48 staff who resigned when we began making checks

Absolutely fantastic!...Taking the pizzicato or what!!B)

Good Luck to them.Our "system"is there to be abused.Not surprising then,when it is:)-D

Clinker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this cryptic?

If that's addressed to me, then no. It's just that, if it was an immigration raid, I'd expect them to be checking all the employees of whatever business they were raiding; and as far as I can make out, it was only the petrol station staff that were checked. Or is it, ah (fx: lightbulb flickering on) that it's one of those petrol stations containing a bit of a shop? Yes, of course, it must be. Please excuse me, I'm a pedestrian/cyclist.

Hi,

Given the almost perfect immigration raid, did the officers get clubpoints or Brownie points for the initative.

A fact is that Tesco do a thorough check on all employee's. The only way that a raid would be justified is that if one person was using another persons legitimate documents for employment. This would show up if cross reffed with the Revenue and Customs.

One car, Four officers and a meat wagon was all that was needed.

It seems they were using a hammer to crack a pistachio.

Regards,

Libra Carr.