WI cake sales at Festival Fair, Sunday 13th

Hi all

I have been in touch with a couple of WI people including Thelma (WI Surrey) who have confirmed that we are allowed to sell our cakes to the public as long as they are wrapped (clingfilm suggested) and they don't need to be fridged (so no fresh cream, etc). It would also be helpful to label ingredients -nuts, etc so we know exactly what we are selling if asked.

I have also spoken to Mark who reconfirmed that we can use some of their forum space. The space is apparently enough to fit a trestle table to display our cakes. My next step is to give the festival organisers a courtesy call just to double check they have no objections to our presence there (can't think why they would) and also to enquire about hiring a trestle table. So, further details tba.

In the meantime please let me know if 1) you are going to contribute a cake and 2) what you are going to make (we don't want to end up with 50 fruit cakes and nowt else, do we!) and 3) if you can assist on the day.

Thanks

Tracey

Monica

I'm sure your cakes can't be that bad, can they?? Many thanks for your kind offer but I'm not a gluten-free expert and I'd rather not experiment for this occasion. I have a fab recipe for flour-free chocolate cake so I'd better stick with it.

LoL Annt,thanks for your vote of confidence,i will take the plunge and bake you some wheat free choc cakes or fairy cakes. I work sundays but il try and get down before lunch to leave them at the stall.

I have to declare an interest, I think I may be involved in the "competition" - which is a cake stall fundraising for a local community charity (a nursery).

We did it last year and we cleaned up. Probably because we were the only stall with lovely homemade cakes and we weren't charging an absolute fortune. I'm not clear what the nascent young and trendy WI are raising funds for exactly - but its probably just sour buttercream...

Last year we sold out in less than 2 hours and we had masses of stock - there's evidently a demand for delicious sugary stuff thats not being satisfied.

(Edit: I mean, its probably sour buttercream on my part - not that you're raising money for sour buttercream or that your efforts are going to involve sour buttercream :-$- I got lost in a rubbish sugar based adaption of a figure of speech)