What is happening at St Peter''s Church Dulwich Common

hertburs

Does anybody know what is happening to the building at St Peter's Church at Dulwich Common? They seem to have had some quite elaborate clear perspex covers installed over all of the windows and quite extensive scaffolding to the rear visible from Cox's Walk. It is an attractive Victorian building and good to see that work is being carried out but I am curious about what is happening. There are no planning notices posted so that doesn't help.

The interesting thing about the church is that it is Grade II listed. It was constructed between 1873 and 1875 and the Tower built later in 1885. It was designed by Charles Barry Jnr. What intrigued me was the new external windows which appear to be made of clear perspex. They have been cut to the Gothic shape of the windows frames.

I seem to remember that the Dulwich Society was urging Southwark Council to take enforcement action to get the church to remove unauthorised alterations to this listed building and reinstate it to its previous condition. I don't know to what extent the Society was successful in this effort, if at all.