Ingrid Beazley

It was with great sadness that I heard Ingrid Beazley passed away on Friday.

Ingrid was the driving force behind the Dulwich Outdoor Gallery Project which brought

so much vibrant street art to the walls of Dulwich.

Our area is a brighter place because of the artists she enabled and encouraged

to work on otherwise drab and uninspiring walls.

Im sure you will join me in sending love and best wishes to Ingrid's family at this terribly sad time.

A great source of inspiration and a vibrant energy in the community is no longer with us

Stevie X

I've been dreading this news... when I saw Ingrid shortly before Easter, I had an awful feeling that it would be the last time. She said that she was living each day to the fullest and didn't want people to avoid contact, which is why I'm posting this.

Hopefully we can do something to carry on her memory. She was particularly concerned about the maintenance of the Street Art, so I told her I would try to track down her team on this.

But for now, thoughts are with her family.

rch Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been dreading this news... when I saw Ingrid

> shortly before Easter, I had an awful feeling that

> it would be the last time. She said that she was

> living each day to the fullest and didn't want

> people to avoid contact, which is why I'm posting

> this.

>

> Hopefully we can do something to carry on her

> memory. She was particularly concerned about the

> maintenance of the Street Art, so I told her I

> would try to track down her team on this.

>

> But for now, thoughts are with her family.

im incredibly saddened to hear the news. I didn't know she was ill. one of the reasons that attracted me too dulwich was the art scene.

I have a lot of street art links so would be more then happy to help if there is a team who will be picking this up.

Deepest sympathy to Ms.Beazley's family and friends, I'm afraid I'd never heard of her and her contribution but I absolutely adore the street art of East Dulwich - one of the first things visiting friends comment on and a wonderful enhancement to the area.

What a superb legacy she's left for us, thank you and rest in peace.

Let's see what we can do, then. I know the names of some of the people Ingrid was working with, but am not in direct contact so hopefully we can connect.

I'm also aware that there is a tour of the Dulwich Outdoor Gallery street art works on the 13th and 14th May at 2pm, as part of the Dulwich Festival... and I have a feeling that this is going to evolve into more than just a "guided street art walk".

Ingrid told me a few months ago she was very poorly but still was interested to hear about damaged street art and, moreover, took it upon herself to get it back to its former glory.

Mary's Living and Giving shop told me she had been in to ask them to deal with the tagging over the lovely calligraphy next to the kingfisher on the shop's side wall, again showing her involvement and determination even as she was close to death.

Alas, the tagging remains so I hope the management there will do their best to restore the artwork as a fitting legacy.

RIP, IB.

Although her creative support and stimulation of the street art is perhaps her most visible impact on our community, she was much involved in many other aspects - even a driving force behind the monthly open film club The Bigger Picture at the EDT. It seems a very fitting comment on her impact that so many people are having to stand in to 'back-fill' what she did so willingly and well.

Never met her, never knew her, but daily appreciated the colour and interest she brought to our streets. Very sorry to hear of her passing but glad that others are continuing her work. I hope her family and friends get to see this thread to see what an impact she made on our community.

FYI, the Phlegm art on Goodrich near Barry has been vandalised. The outer loop of the horn has white writing (strangely neatly) on it. If anyone knows the right person to contact to get it redone, please PM me. (Ingrid went to paint over tagging on the background to the Phlegm piece several times.)