Very Noisy House Party - (fake posting warning - admin)

There is a very noisy house party going on somewhere near the Grove Tavern. Others have told me it is coming from (a number)Streamline Mews although I can't be sure of this. It is very noisy even from where I am, and if it is coming from Streamline Mews this is the second very noisy house party in two weeks. Whoever is doing it has microphones and a woman shouting, the noisy is not needed to be this loud.

I had this problem with my neighbours -drove me mental at any time of day so I think you're bring very restrained letting it go on at all!

I put a letter through my neighbours door explaining that it was disturbing my little one and I didn't want to fall out but it did seem unnecessary the frequency with which we could hear it.

It stopped for a whole but soon started getting more and more frequent; eventually I had to knock and ask them 3 more times and have fallen out with them now, don't hear it anymore though so frankly I don't care!

I understand how you feel; it's horrible having noisy neighbours.

I can confirm it is Streamline Mews which is an enclosed street of Underhill Road. It is locked by gates so I can't even get in to reason with them. What I find unusual is that the very loud party two weeks ago came from the Streamline Mews as well. They may say that they stop at a reasonable time but it still goes on very late and to be honest they should be going to a club if they are hiring singers and having microphones!

My old flat backed onto this very person's garden at streamline mews and my lord, some of the parties those damn Chardonnay plonkers had. Karaoke (SCREAMING) Abba at 3am!! So you're not the first with having to deal with these inconsiderate prats. They were so loud it was difficult to get their attention to tell them to shut up. That was two years ago.

I'd encourage you to call the council and report them. This will not be the last you hear from these self-entitled pricks with a wide-door kitchen extension.

You know what - just call the police next time it's going on. They've been getting away with it for years now and it's about time they had some consideration for their neighbors. They make zero effort to abide to any noise restrictions and believe me, they WILL go on. Had I had kids at the time I definitely would have escalated the situation.

Yes I couldn't agree more! I was disappointed also that they were not sympathetic on the last post about their unreasonable parties and said "maybe you should pop over - everyone is welcome." Well other people have children and have early starting jobs which require us to start on Monday Morning! I find it totally unreasonable that this karaoke goes on and not even an apology is made. Next time it happens I will call the police - as you say, they'll just continue on and on and these parties will keep happening...

My husband just reminded me of one particularly tragic bank holiday party they threw when they decimated Adele for me. Think I blanked that one from my memory. If it's ongoing still I'd call now because they'll easily continue until 2-3am. And that lovely fire pit they had installed means they not just restricted to summer parties. Good luck!!

It has gone quiet now as it's midnight, however next time I do believe that an end should be put to this as judging by what you've said it's lots of arrogant self-righteous women who couldn't give a damn about their neighbours. They really do take the piss when they hire singers and sing loudly through microphones even though they are drunk!!! Everyone knows you must hire a venue to have a party, yan't just have it in your back garden or on the street. I feel so sorry for the Barny neighbours as if I could hear it, it must be literally blasting!

We have one cranking up its rowdiness as the night goes on. They are currently clapping to the rhythm of 'music' and laughing so loud, it's on the richter scale. If you live in the vicinity of Derwent Grove, my 18 month old would appreciate some quiet. I can't quite locate them as I would happily ask them to take it inside. I'm all for frivolity, but just be mindful.

Possibly the same one we can hear on Ivanhoe Road New Girl? Sounds like it's coming from Copleston Road? It's now 1.50am and the music is still loud, there's a woman with an incredibly loud laugh and an man shouting along with the music... Not 100% sure where it's coming from either though.

I did go and look through the gates as a matter of a fact and God, it was so loud it was deafening! There were lots of people sitting outside on chairs and a woman standing singing through a microphone and the noise was literally blasting at 11pm! I really did think it was obnoxiously loud and as LouLouMoving said: They've been getting away with it for years and it's about time they had consideration for their neighbours. Me and my neighbours are going to complain to the Council and next time it happens we are certainly calling the police as we have the details of the street.

So LouLouMoving knows the actual people? Wow, they must be pretty proud to do it so many years in a row without turning it down or even popping a letter through the neighbours doors! I was thinking, do they even believe that others exist? They sounded too drunk to care if I'm honest.

I'm just in the process of writing an e-Mail to the council as Twilight2014 has sent me videos directly from the gates of the Mews and it shows just how bloody loud these inconsiderate prats were being, shouting their heads off while drinking heavily. This was at 11:15PM, when the noise should have been completely turned off.

Edit: Do people seriously think they can get away with this twice in two weeks?

Here's the link to the council website about noise and ASB:-

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/noise-and-antisocial-behaviour/how-to-report-a-noise-problem

The direct number for the Noise Team is 020 7525 5777

I would definitely write to them - the more witnesses, the better - to at least make them aware. If nothing else, the noise wardens will inform the problem residents that the council is getting complaints.

If it continues, I would call the direct 5777 number around 9-10pm as it could take them over an hour to get down here and witness it themselves. They may ask you to let them into your home so that they can hear the noise levels that you are personally experiencing.

In the first instance, the wardens can give warnings, but if there is evidence that it's continuing, they can actually issue a fine.

I have written in to the council, I have given them the link to this thread and submitted the video so hopefully they will reply soon. What I witnessed last night was totally out of hand and the fact that they did not even bother to let neighbours on Underhill/Melford Road know is shocking! If I hear a party like this again the police will be called and had I known sooner where it was coming from I would certainly have the police called.