Unique East Dulwich postcards now available to buy

Do want some pictures of East Dulwich on your fridge?

Want to enter a Blue Peter competition*?

Want to support the forum and get something material for your contribution?

Want to send your friends in Mauritius or Clapham something to make them jealous?

Want to tell someone you really love them?

Well now you can (with extra style and panache) on an East Dulwich postcard...

east-dulwich-postcards.jpg

The kind people at Healthmatters at 47 Lordship Lane (sort of opposite Somerfield) now have some of these special East Dulwich postcards in stock. You can buy them for 25p each or 5 for ?1. Also, whilst stocks last, you get a free postcard with every purchase in store. Healthmatters is open until 6:30 weekdays so you can get your 5 postcards on your way home from work.

* Answers on the back of a postcard

Any plans for further designs? I like this one a lot but missed out on submitting my designs. Being a poor design/photography graduate I'd like to do my part :-)

That said, I'll most likely send my family some of these as it's quite a fun idea.

Good job, whoever got it all collated and printed and whatnot!

Thanks, people seemed to like them at the fair and they always smile when they look at them (usually in bewilderment that the train station's on there).

There might be other ones depending on how these ones go, I'll post on here if there is a next time asking for picture submissions.

May I suggest a number of images that would more accurately reflect East Dulwich:

1. A gaggle of lobotomised, Stepford Wife-like, pregnant women pushing prams containing their existing, unruly progeny and wearing an expression of drugged-out ecstasy on their faces as if there is nothing as rewarding in the world as the smell of a soiled nappy

2. A row of shops selling completely useless, over-priced s**te

3. A representative image of unimaginative, self-congratulatory, insular, middle-class smugness

4. A row of estate agencies servicing those who believe that there is nothing as important in the world as getting on the 'property ladder.'

Any thoughts for other images that could supplement those?

I was thinking more of the sort of images that made us want to live here or stay living here maybe the beauty of the parks and the interesting housing, although some representation of the changes to ed life would be interesting both positive and negative maybe our numerous photographer's that liv ein the area could post a contribution

I think both Domitianus and Shaman have great ideas. Maybe a mixture of both for the next lot of cards.I wonder though who has supported the EDF by going down to that shop and buying some cards, 5 for a pound seems like a bargain.

Hands up who has been to purchase them ???(tu)

Thanks for your comments, in this case the idea of the postcards was to make East Dulwich look good with a slightly ironic hint (in a very short time scale). If people buy more of these then it might be worth creating some more, preferably more like Shaman's idea to appreciate the area than Domitianus's jibe to "dis" it as I think they would sell better. This would probably be opened up to forum users to submit entries.

[edited twice]

• Administrator

If you see your Private Messages I have sent you a message referring to your previous messages and why they were removed. Irrelevant chatting between users on a thread is not allowed*, therefore your posts were removed and you were told why. We tell every user why we remove their posts where possible and it can be very time consuming. Just because you were talking to Mark does not make you exempt from this rule. Let no more be said about this issue here.

*I however am an exception

I agree Karter they could have been different and like I say, if there's a next time then photo submissions from users will be welcome (although photos from people who seem to have troubling issues with the area probably won't be considered as these postcards should be pleasant and enjoyable to look at).

There are so many talented photographers in East Dulwich im sure someone will submit more pics,it would be great to see pics of the goose green roundabout after southwark have carried out the decor or refurb

• 10 years later...