Shops on Lordship Lane

OK, someone somewhere must have some advance news on what is likely to happen to some/all of the shops on Lordship Lane that are currently standing empty. Not including the refurbs (eg Caravan, the Chandaler shop/tea room) and the new shops we already know about (White Stuff, the posh gymn) there seem to be a fair few empty premises at the moment. What does the next phase of ED look like?!

nah, they're still going for it. There was a delay for some reason which meant the White Stuff shop fitters missed their slot to work on it so had to go off to another job. Back in August I think. Hopefully the Estate agent who is in charge of the property will get it tidied up in the meantime, I've written to them twice about it but nothing has been done.

James Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what is "Green Thing" next to SMBS?

Someone posted about it the other day... they will sell various environmentally friendly goods.

> And is the Vietnamese definitely happening?

Again, someone posted on here saying that they were definitely opening one soon.

> Also, whatever happened to Bombay Bicycle Club, I thought they were supposed to be coming too?

I also thought that was a definite... maybe they did some research and realised there were already 87 curry places here?

I went to look at the former Unwins shop on LL and want to turn it into a toy shop. It's very run down though and the rent is very high I think thats why it's been empty for a while now.

Anyone like the toy shop idea? I want to import interesting toys from US as everything here is so samey

Use to be a great toyshop on ll before it was sold and mon petit chou were born,it was a great toy shop and people use to come from miles around for it.Great idea.Having said that importing from the states may not help with the whole carbon footprint recycling initiative we are trying to encourage.so maybe look at local or uk based companies.

Hmmm. "We are trying to enforce". I'm a mid-green, and have been for some time, but there is something a little bit shudder-inducing about that comment, Monica. Who are "we" and what is this "enforcement" plan? Nero

Its not as easy as lower offer because there's a 3 bed flat upstairs which isn't separated from the shop itself so you'd really have to live there or carve up half the shop to create its own entrance. Also it needs thousands spending on it before you could even open up as there's no heating and its all in a very poor state of repair.

Think I'll wait until a better site appears - is the Starchey Gallery a permanent fixture on Northcross Rd?

Btw, shipping costs are for shipping not airmail

toy shop is good idea however research the area some shops already sell toys such as soupdragon willow etc and in the village, the old shop people retired but also problem toy sales being very seasonal maybe problem with the cost of running shop in ed

Thanks for advice I will certainly look into it.

I think Just Williams in Herne Hill is best locally and that always seems to be heaving with shoppers!

Btw, I heard that Iceland was going to become an M&S Simply Food store soon. Does anyone know whether this is true? I hope so