Forest Hill Road Surgery - again.

For a while there were more new doctors and appointments were available, with maybe a 2 week wait or so.

The doctors have left, I think the practice manager has left, the surgery is advertising for GPs again and as a result there are NO APPOINTMENTS.

What is going on in there ? I am reminded of a football team in disarray, frequent changes of manager, no effort put in by the players and relegation certain. On the theme of atmosphere, have you observed that all the many notices hanging in place around the reception area have a negative slant - Don't do this. We won't have that. You must this.. and barely a kind or positive word to be seen.

OK, moan over - I'm off to Doctor Google just now.

I got a letter from the practice asking me to book a phone consultation with a GP. The earliest available one is on the 17th November. When I rang for a normal appointment a few weeks ago I was told that there were none available at all! Thank goodness for Seldoc!

• 1 month later...

I've been with the surgery all my life.....Dr.McColl was one of the best

It really is devastating news....first Dr Rogers passed away and now Dr.McColl.

I know she had young children too because she had cut down her days since returning back from maternity leave several years ago...

Dear Councillor James barber,

The surgery have just lost a wonderful colleague and patients have lost a kind caring doctor.

An asset to our community and the profession.

Perhaps you can consider your timing when seeking a 'formal review'.

How inconsiderate.

I am in shock, she was truly a caring, compassionate and wonderful doctor.

Please can we start a new thread just for her and her good work.Maybe then we can print it off and attach it to the memory book for her family to see how truly great she was.

That is such sad news, Dr.McColl was a very good doctor, one of the best.

I am so grateful for the wonderful caring help she gave me over the many years she served our community.

My sincere condolences to her family and to her colleges at FHRGP.

Paul

Parker1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dear Councillor James Parker,

>

> The surgery have just lost a wonderful colleague

> and patients have lost a kind caring doctor.

> An asset to our community and the profession.

> Perhaps you can consider your timing when seeking

> a 'formal review'.

>

> How inconsiderate.

This is unjustified. Cllr.Barber was replying to a comment made some days ago; if you read a comment and then click reply your reply appears at the end of the message list. It might look like he's just shoved a comment in under the sad news, but if he was looking at comments made in previous days he wouldn't even have seen the ones made today. It might look as if he's being insensitive but he's not, maybe you should be a bit more sensitive yourself and consider what might have happened before leaping on your high horse.

No, I don't think you understand. If Cllr.Barber saw a message a couple of pages back and replied to it the reply will appear without him having seen the recent messages. He would have had no idea that such sad news had been posted. I hold no brief for Cllr.Barber, who is neither my councillor nor of my party, but he seems a decent public servant who makes a lot of effort for local people based on what is said on this forum. Your accusations of insensitivity are unfair and undignified.

rendelharris Wrote:

> No, I don't think you understand. If Cllr.Barber

> saw a message a couple of pages back and replied

> to it the reply will appear without him having

> seen the recent messages. He would have had no

> idea that such sad news had been posted. I hold

> no brief for Cllr.Barber, who is neither my

> councillor nor of my party, but he seems a decent

> public servant who makes a lot of effort for local

> people based on what is said on this forum. Your

> accusations of insensitivity are unfair and

> undignified.

I'm sorry now I said anything about the Cllr. I would add though that it wasn't case of there being other pages to look at in this thread. Just the one.

I'm so very sad to hear that Dr McColl has passed away. She was a truly caring and compassionate doctor who will be greatly missed by all who had the privilege of knowing her. I will never forget her kindness and support for me when I was going through cancer treatment and she really did make a huge difference to how I got through my illness. My very deepest condolences to her family.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> I'm sorry now I said anything about the Cllr. I

> would add though that it wasn't case of there

> being other pages to look at in this thread. Just

> the one.

My mistake Alan, apologies - but same applies, if you click on the title you have to scroll to see your sad report, if you just answer the first post, as JB clearly did, you won't see it. Anyway no harm done, and may I add my condolences to Dr.McColl's family, never met her but a friends' family have been eulogizing the care she gave them.