Carol service

Sue

Are there any churches locally with carol services (not midnight mass) on Christmas Eve?

St John's on Goose Green used to have carols immediately before midnight mass, but it doesn't seem to be doing that this year.

ETA: To be clear, I am looking for adult carol services, not Christingle or childrens' carol services, as I won't be with any children this year.

And preferably late evening services.

beansprout Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> All Saints Church in West Dulwich are doing

> various things - check their website

I can't see anything on their calendar mentioning Christmas at all, let alone carols!!

Am I looking in the wrong place, or have they just copied and pasted their usual activities to 24th and 25th December?

St Stephen?s Church

College Road,

Dulwich,

London,

SE21 7HW

Christmas Eve,?4pm Crib Service with the St Stephen?s Choristers. Carols, a talk, and a procession to the Crib. Children may come dressed as their favourite character from the Nativity story.

Seek and ye shall find. Google

Foxy

Thanks, obviously I did google beforte I posted on here.

I found a few children's services, including Christingle,and including on Christmas Eve, but I was really looking for an adult carol service.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in the original post.

ETA: I will add this to the original post.

• 1 year later...

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We went to St John's, it was lovely.

>

> Planning to go to St Paul's for the late Christmas

> Eve service.

>

> Thanks to everyone for posting.

Reviving this thread from two years back, because just in case anybody else was planning to go to St Paul's, when we got there we found a massive massive queue, which sadly none of the organisers apparently thought to count and then let the people behind the end of the count know that they wouldn't get in.

Having stood in it for hours (I can't remember how many hours) we were told a) we wouldn't get in and b) people had been queuing since midday !!!!!

If you fancy something a bit closer to home, you are all very welcome to join us tomorrow (Sunday 22nd) at St Clement with St Peter's church.

Sunday 22 December at 5pm

CANDLELIGHT SERVICE OF CAROLS AND READINGS (Followed by mince pies and mulled wine)

(Pedestrian access from Friern Road or Barry Road, opposite Silvester Road. Car access from Barry Road only)

[stclementwithstpeter.btck.co.uk]