Commercial dog walker with dogs off lead

pixie_jem

Hi all,

Just a thing to look out for. I encountered a woman today walking down the Greendale track and then onto Greendale fields. She had around 8 (possibly more) dogs all off lead and they were coming towards me and my dog (on lead) she didn't try to control them and several of them ran up to my dog who is quite anxious anyway. One of them, a golden lab, went for my dog and nipped his ear. She just shrugged it off and said the dog isn't aggressive. That maybe so and I'm more than aware that dogs sometimes have a pop at eachother with no real aggression but I just think 8+ dogs off lead is just asking for trouble. I'd give them a swerve if any dog walkers see them. She didn't seem to care or apologise for the incident.

I thought there was a limit on the amount of dogs a dog walker can walk with?

Seen it a number of times as well where clearly a "professional" walker pays no regard to the dogs they are managing and they are running (and crapping) all over the place - saw this in Camberwell Cemetery the other day with a lady shouting loudly across to another walker whilst a funeral was going on nearby - was pretty appalled that not only she thought it was appropriate to have dogs running amongst peoples gravestones but also that she was being loud whilst a funeral was taking place.