East Dulwich Fusion gym and pool are currently closed

Mark

To save anyone else from psyching themselves for the gym and going there today (Sunday) don't bother because it's closed. On Thursday it suffered roof damage in the storm, tomorrow someone's coming out to look at it so they can't say how long it's closed for until after it's been looked at. There is Harris Academy gym over the on the other side of the rye that Fusion members can use, details here

You can call the Dulwich Fusion on 020 8693 1833 to find out the latest, go for option 5 to speak to reception but be prepared to be told numerous times by the automated answer phone system that "your correspondent is unavailable"

Fed up with E.D. Fusion as well. Shame, actually a nice building - just wish Cannons or someone better would take it over or open up in the neighbourhood

If you hear how long the gym and pool are going to be closed for please post it on here. Yesterday I tried calling numerous times to see what the inspection revealed and how long these council facilities will be closed for and I couldn't get through. I expect the staff were unable to answer the phone because they were so busy using this opportunity to clean up the machines, mend the headset units, tune in the TVs properly, repair the lockers, clean up the changing units and scrub the algae off the pool side. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Added 09:30 They're waiting for the structural engineers to come and look at the roof, some of the glass panels going down the length of the gym came in so they need to check if anymore are damaged. They're in the hands of council workmen who are looking at it with the priority it deserves.

Thanks Mark for the heads up!

I've been feeling very porky indeed since Christmas and was thinking of rejoining Fusion in an attempt to stave off my paunch! And I'm far too much of a wuss to run in freezing cold rain.

What a pity - I hope they manage to fix it all soon (although the fabric of the entire building needs lots of TLC).

I liked Fusion; it is not exclusive, the staff are lovely, the gym equipment was good, the fees were reasonable, (compared with ritzier places) and the womens hangingroom/shower was perfectly fine. It is ideally placed for a really good fitness centre, so I hope they get back on track soon.

spymum

(my blog:- Posh Mum)

Just spoken (5pm) to someone at East Dulwich Fusion - not likely to be open before the weekend. I was told to go to Waverley School on the other side of Peckham Rye. By the time I get there I won't need to do any more exercise.

just had a call from the gym cancelling yet another class tonight - the gym is apparently re-opening on March 5th and the pool "about" 2 weeks later. Or it could be the other way around. or not. or maybe no-one knows down there?

Anyway, apparently a sign will be placed out the front when it looks like they have settled on a date and the fees will only be taken out pro-rata. apparently.

...and as the roof's in a dangerous condition, no-one's been allowed on the gym floor to refurbish, mend or clean the equipment. Pleas can no-one go to the Waverly gym tonight as I would like to use it and there ain't enough room for the two of us.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, it's the 5th of March and so I called the gym to check that it's open as they said it would be. And it's not, the pool's open, but the gym's not. They say it'll be open on Wednesday. That means it's been closed for seven whole weeks, I do hope they haven't taken money out of my account for that seven weeks worth of gym membership.

Even better - though for some reason I remembered it being a ?5m budget to include other projects but ?2m going to ED leisure centre...maybe ?5m just seemed to good to be true!

Would love to know when it's going to be ready, it should achieve a nice balance between improved local facilities without a socially divisive 'posh gymn' opening in the area.