Mystery Building

Guest Mabel

Anyone know what the building on the NE junction of Crystal Palace Road and Upland Road is? It's got a massive car park out the back and many big antennae, blacked out windows and Hazchem warning symbols on the front door.

The guy in Plantnation says it's a police surveillance station, but for some reason I just don't believe him.

Anybody know the truth behind this puzzling piece of local architecture?

Im sure any long term residents ( i.e. who have been living here for more than sbout 3 years ) may well recall the rather , erm, interesting activities of certian plain clothes Polce officers a based in East Dulwich some years ago , that were indeed involved int eh drugs business more than one would expect. Cout cases, imprisonment and dismissals from the force was the result .........anyone remember this ?

Excellent. On another local mystery, does anyone know if Sarah Beeny has visited Marsden Road? Everyone has got the same railings outside their houses, and the brick work is very uniform. It's a bit spooky to be frank.

Id love to check out Sarahs Railings

The reason for marsden road is Rejuventaion - the high level of Local authority houses in the street and the general state of the area = wholsescale jazzing up. the closing of a local crack house was also involved.

selected streets have been sorted over the past decade in a similar fashion of you look around

PS rich streets dont get this, so dont wait in hope - it is well targeted

Vice squad you say ?

The cant be very good, seeing as theres at least 2x Albanian run brothels, with probabaly unwilling female employees, within 400 metres of their little bolt hole - one of which has several regulars who are well known in the SE22 / LL area.

Oh yes, We cant have the Filth busting places that are patronised by local "faces" can we .......

sorry to bring down the forum with this distasteful revlation, but then again, this is hardly secret.

I understand that it is the HQ of the Met Police Gun Squad. If you apply for a licence to carry guns the applications go to that address. A friend was applying for a licence (to carry a blunderbus in battle reenactments) and he decided to deliver the application rather than post it. The problem was there was no letterbox!

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I dunno, I never hear about those sort of things -

> brothels, drinking dens, crack houses - until well

> after the fact.

Most people dont see whats going on under their nose unfort.