Dog barking constantly ? Overhill Rd ? Dawson?s heights

bikpon

Hi

There is a dog barking all the time coming from Overhill Road or maybe Dawson?s heights. It barks at 6am almost everyday and a lot during the day too. I?m not close enough to be able to pinpoint where it?s coming from to speak to the owners directly but if this is your dog please don?t leave it alone outside for so long as it?s really disturbing our sleep plus it doesn?t seem fair on the dog to be left outside barking so much(especially in this cold!). If this is your neighbours dog perhaps you could ask them or let me know where exactly it?s coming from so we could speak to them to try to find a solution.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have spoken to the noise team who can't do anything with a suspected address even though I said I have been told it might be number 43. Apparently I need to know exactly where the dog is! The poor dog has been barking all day again today. If someone lives near them please call the noise team (https://www.southwark.gov.uk/noise-and-antisocial-behaviour/how-to-report-a-noise-problem) or perhaps the RSPCA.

Have you managed to contact anyone yet? We live opposite the cemetery and it's been driving us mad, particularly the 6 am alarm calls. As everyone says, it's not fair on the dog and presumably it has shelter if it rains? I have asked neighbours further up towards Overhill Passage but they're non the wiser

Haven't had much luck as it always seems to be school run or time to feed the baby!

Have spoken to them again now and they are sending someone out today to Overhill Road. It's tricky as obviously the dog may have stopped barking by then (which is what happened last time).

The phone number for the noise team (24 hours/day and they should respond quickly) is 0207 525 5777 and the email address is [email protected] if anyone else can call when the dog is actually barking...it may help that it's not jut one person being disturbed.

Am going to put a note through their door too as they may be unaware their dog barks all day :(

Have spoken to the noise team 3 times now today. Unfortunately when they had someone available to come out to my home this evening to assess the noise nuisance I wasn't home! When they called again later the dog had gone quiet. If this dog is disturbing you please call as the team do seem quite helpful but I'm not having much luck with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Geordie Dave

Unfortunately no conclusion & without an exact address I have found it pretty tricky to get any help. Walking around the block to see if you can pinpoint the address and leaving a few notes through nearby doors (or put up a sign) is the only suggestion I have. I think these dog owners must be unaware that their dog is barking whilst they are at work.

You're very generous, Bikpon. My former neighbours? dog used to howl for hours every day and we were often stopped by passers-by who assumed our neighbours were not aware and that we were kind of guilty by association for not telling them. Well in fact they were well aware. Any owner who leaves their dog alone should check on his behaviour with neighbours. And if the dog howls, he should go straight to doggy cr?che.

• 1 month later...

Hi DaveyP,

Sorry missed your post. I think it must be the same dog as we are all being disturbed at 6ish. Am fairly sure the dog lives on Overhill Road very near Overhill passage. There is now another thread on the forum too about the dog barking! I am going to email the council again this week. I suggest perhaps if they receive a few emails they may take the issue more seriously so would be very grateful if you (and others being disturbed)could contact them as well.

The phone number for the noise team (24 hours/day and they should respond quickly) is 0207 525 5777 and the email address is [email protected]

Alternatively notes through the doors of where you think the dog barking is coming from? If they receive more than one then they may stop letting the dog out into the garden at 6am and take it for a walk instead perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All - just posted this on another thread, but thought it may be helpful for this thread too..

No this is not the same dog - Dog on Overhill was a police rescue dog (trained to bark) and its new owners had no idea it was barking when they went out as it loves being outside more than inside and were horrified when I told them how annoyed were all were last year, but I only worked out who they were a week ago. they had no idea there was a thread going last year about it and were mortified, but lovely, when I spoke to them, they did have a behaviourist working with the dog to help them adjust it as they were trying to stop it barking when it went out in the morning, but had no idea of the other spurts during the day, so maybe we should've just knocked on their door last year and saved ourselves all that stress? Anyway we do have a new problem as there is now a quieter, presumably smaller dog that barks in the mornings and from about 5 at night and that seems to set the others off. I can hear it yapping away and then I can hear the other dogs barking back at it.i used to have dogs and if there is another one already barking, it is near impossible to stop the others from saying hello as well, so if we want it to stop we need to let the owners know of the yappy one know as well. It sounds to me like it may be in a backyard nearer to the cemetary on Overhill/Underhill. Anyway if you do have problems with the louder dog - owners are totally approachable and were gobsmacked that it had been so bad when they were out, they are home on and off during the day, so let them know as they aren't on the Forum and will absolutely fix it...the council was nice but useless when I contacted them...and if anyone can identify the smaller dog perhaps someone can have a friendly chat or note so that doesn't go on for a months as well? I know I would be horrified if my animal was causing so many people distress - so perhaps if someone does live very close to the smaller dog you could just have a friendly chat - when I approached owners of the loud dog they were really good and had no idea - perhaps someone could do same with the one that seems to be instigating them all again now??