Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

http://www.ellyallen.com/

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18
messageRe: Goose Green councillors - how can we help?
Posted by October 03, 03:48PM

Thames Water introduced temporary traffic lights at the Dunstans and Goodrich Roads junction just over a month ago to repair a leak in the road. After two weeks the hole was filled in, the tarmac made good and the traffic lights removed. Another water leak about a metre from the repair sprang up through the road. The contractors could see this but chose to ignore it and moved on. Thames Water were aware of this new leak. I spoke to one of their supervisors who thought the first contactor had not tightened a collar in the ground. Nearly three weeks have now passed and thousands of litres of water have run away down a nearby drain. Thames Water have turned up today (Thursday) and opened up a hole in the road. I spoke to one of their operatives who thought the latest repair should take between two to three days to complete. We are constantly being told to conserve water but Thames Water allows so much water to be wasted because of their incompetent repairs service.

Yours Sincerely

Councillor Charlie Smith
Goose Green Ward Member

Posted by Abe_froeman October 03, 06:13PM

I'm interested in how that hirecar got moved, Lynne.

There is a huge fleet of taxis all over the area now that have been dumped, unmoved for months on end, blocking up the place.

Posted by Lynne October 04, 09:34AM

I don't know, Abe_froeman. It had been there for at least 6 months, I'd tried complaining to the company, Ubeequo and had no response. Then I moaned to James and and Southwark, (who said Ubeequo were licensed and so there was nothing that could be done,) and there it was , Gone! It may be a coincidence, but James might know.
Good luck to you, anyway. Then there's that fleet of camper vans near the junction of Upland/Barry Roads. They would p... me off if I was trying to park there.

Posted by jamesmcash October 07, 05:30PM

Hi ed_pete

The council is doing an assessment of the library for where racks can be installed. What this space!

Best wishes
James

--------------------
James McAsh - Labour Councillor for Goose Green ward
James.McAsh@Southwark.gov.uk
[www.jamesmcash.com] [twitter.com]

Surgeries: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 7pm, East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road

Posted by Abe_froeman October 08, 11:44AM

James

Do you know if anything can be done about a taxi that has sat unmoved for over six months? There is vegetation growing on the tarmac underneath the vehicle now.

many thanks

Posted by Abe_froeman October 14, 02:42PM

Hi James

Is there anything the council can do about all the crime that seems to be committed in our area, like install CCTV cameras and improve street lighting etc ?

If you look at this board there seem to be so many muggings and burglaries and vehicle thefts. It's deeply concerning and I wondered the council can be / are doing about it?

Many thanks

Posted by alice October 14, 02:46PM

And yet when police have public local meetings to discuss those very things. No one turns up.

Posted by Sue October 14, 10:54PM

Abe_froeman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> If you look at this board there seem to be so many
> muggings and burglaries and vehicle thefts. It's
> deeply concerning and I wondered the council can
> be / are doing about it?

It will always be the case that people will post stuff like that on here, so that it appears there are a lot in the area even if actually there aren't any more than in other areas.

Those who never experience any of it don't post!

I am not suggesting they don't happen, obviously, just that having a forum like this one means that you will be made aware of them, whereas if there was no forum you wouldn't be.

I think it's the statistics which matter, not a few posts on a forum.

And that doesn't mean I'm not very sympathetic to the people who are affected by crime locally.

Posted by rahrahrah October 19, 12:35PM

Any chance of Southwark working to bring Lime bikes to East Dulwich?

Posted by TheArtfulDogger October 19, 02:24PM

rahrahrah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any chance of Southwark working to bring Lime
> bikes to East Dulwich?

I would prefer the "Boris" bikes (or whatever they are called now) as they are contained in a docking station, where as the lime bikes can just be left anywhere making them a hazard for pedestrians, disabled and the elderly and also cluttering up the streets which Southwark are claiming to make better for residents.

Posted by Nigello October 19, 02:47PM

Please could Southwark clear the grids of leaves/soil, etc. When it rain heavily there are huge puddles in parts of the area - especially near Goose Green. If it is not a Southwark responsibility please could it be passed on to Thames Water or whichever party it is. Thanks

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718
Current Page: 18 of 18

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum