Funfair on Peckham rye.

They are setting up the circus/funfair right outside our house, we live along peckham rye, round the corner from the clockhouse pub. There are a hell of a lot of residents along this road. I wonder if you guys would be as keen on the circus coming to town were it setting up 40 yards from your front door. I don't understand why they are not in the middle of the park.

No problem at all in living opposite a park - great to see and hear peckham and dulwich folks having fun, but I didn't aniticipate amount of external organisations that the council would rent the space to.. and of course the amount of noise pollution we would have to put up with.. Wouldn't dulwich park work better, as it would be easy to site it away from residents?

Anyway, maybe it won't be that bad.

Does anyone go to the circus anymore?

danmaitland Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder if you guys would be as keen on the

> circus coming to town were it setting up 40 yards

> from your front door. I don't understand why they

> are not in the middle of the park.

Perhaps you could move to near Horniman Park then you could complain about the noise of the events there.

Not at the same time as the funfair and not to that part of the common, so near to residents, no.

Note - I'm not personally affected, but I've seen the set-up on the Rye, so can appreciate what DanMaitland is saying and why he's rather taken aback by Southwark's

new enthusiasm for renting out the park and common with, it seems, scant consideration for residents/park users.

The Fair is setup in the center of the park and the circus is to the side of that instead of being in the center when it comes alone. So I think some thought has gone into where the fair should go. But for Dan, who lives next to the park, the noise of the fair is going to be more noise.

Sorry my earlier post was rather inappropriate. I've now had a closer look and agree with you. Also I'll happily join your petition to get your road closed and traffic moved to the East of the Rye, and similarly Harris Boys moved to a more appropriate location like Shetland.

Its not bad at all actually. Barely any noise. Just looked like it was going to be a problem when they erected their borders so close to our house..But it's fine so far and looks very evocative - reminding me of that Wim Wenders film, and various Tom waits-esque videos...Thanks for the mostly constructive comments. I retract my previous troll whinge, with the exception of Marumba, who is obviously a, not sure one's allowed to use that word on here, Dick... But at least they've been noticed by someone now, so that should cheer them up...