Robbers on bikes

Jcon123

Last night about, 9.30pm I was accosted by 3 black men two on bikes and one on foot on Goodrich Road, passing the upland road junction. They were about to rob me, They pulled their hoods up, were signalling to each other, the guy on foot jumped on the front handlebar and was coming for my bag. I flagged down a car driving motorist who drove straight pass me and refused to stop and help. The robbers, were distracted and peddled away. It was a very near miss. Please be very careful.Anybody else have any similar experiences?

Houseoflego Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do report it, its probably really hard to get the

> info but Ofo could provide the ID of the person on

> the hire bike.

I doubt the bike was hired! As soon as the sensor is knocked off, they become "free" bikes for thieves.

How old were they? I saw a group of three teens cruising around there looking suspicious in the afternoon a couple of months back. I couldn't describe them any more as was a while back and at the time wondered if reporting to 101 would be overreacting. They just looked as if not normal relaxed/dawdling teens but they were up to something if that makes sense.

The 3 men were between 18 - 23 years of age. Only one of them was on a beaten up hire yellow bike, the other had his own bike, the 3rd guy who joined them as they closed in on me was on foot but jumped onto and sat on the handlebars of the yellow hire bike to grab my bag so that all 3 men and could make a speedy getaway

Angelina Wrote:

> It would, but the moment passes really quickly.

>

> I would hope that a driver flagged down would

> think it was more likely a woman needing help than

> an organized car jack (which also des happen, but

> probably less likely?

I stopped when a guy flagged me down about 10 years ago - It was 3:00 AM and he actually had agreed to meet his girlfriend 1/2 mile down the road and was late :) - I was new to London then and treated it like a village - I would be doubtful of stopping now (but maybe I would - I go on my own intuition)

Just saw a guy chased on his bike and pushed off, bike stolen! On the corner of Lordship Lane and Evelyna road. Also 3 black youths. In broad daylight with people everywhere. Crazy. Lived in London since 93 and never seen anything like it. Lawless.

Yes it started on Lordship lane, I saw them when coming out of Hanush and walked straight in to the situation. They chased him and pushed him off just past the Library. Guy was ok I think, called in to the police, he went off with the police when they arrived, probably to try and track them down. The youths went off down Woodwarde road with his bike after pushing him.

A shop owner also came along and mentioned they might have taken something from his shop on Lordship lane? first, not sure which one though.

all crimes of intimidation of this kind should be punishable by imprisonment, first offence or no.

regardless of whether victim is injured. until the crime is over the victim doesn't know whether they will live or die, no-one should have to deal with that level of alarm for such pointless reason.

Years ago, I had my handbag snatched. The police recommended screaming if you feel threatened before doing anything else like hailing people or going to doors. I did end up screaming during the attack at which multiple neighbours looked out to check all ok and called police. They all said they didn?t mind being disturbed in those circumstances. Either you scare them off, or you get police alerted faster. In my case, one guy leapt into his car and gave chase. As his wife said, not sure what he?d do if he caught him as only had his pants in 😝

Applespider Wrote:

> Years ago, I had my handbag snatched. The police

> recommended screaming if you feel threatened

> before doing anything else like hailing people or

> going to doors. I did end up screaming during the

> attack at which multiple neighbours looked out to

> check all ok and called police. They all said they

> didn?t mind being disturbed in those

> circumstances. Either you scare them off, or you

> get police alerted faster. In my case, one guy

> leapt into his car and gave chase. As his wife

> said, not sure what he?d do if he caught him as

> only had his pants in 😝

When my sisters did self-defence classes, they were advised to scream "fire" if they were attacked as people were more likely to come out if there was a chance they or their property was in danger. Sad indictment of society if true, but it might well be...