last night in darrell road

Hi All

Last night at about 3:30am I was woken by some shouting, looked out of the window and saw 5 or 6 policemen in full battle uniform all with shooters. About 6 people, in handcuffs, were taken out of a house a few doors from mine.

Anyone else see anything or know what was going on?

KT

As it goes I passed four squad cars packed to the rafters with battle gear clad rozzas in the Fox on the Hill car park (its my shortcut) at about half six.

Four of them were standing about scratching their heads and studying a large A to Z and looked totally bewildered.

I'm guessing it took them a further 9 hours to track down darrell road.

Maybe the Hackney branch of SO10 were the only ones available and they don't often venture south of the Thames.

Well I called the police as a "concerned" local resident and they would not confirm or deny the raid or even their own existence.

I think it must have been the same mob as Mockney spotted as two lots of battled-up rozzers would be quite a conincidence. It looks like they wait for the villians to get in their rupert bear jim-jams then ask them nicely to help out with enquiries, with a semi-automatic up their jacksy.

Actually a friend of mine back in Letchworth had an armed squad batter down his front door and pointed guns in his face malarkey.

His crime, he'd been driving around on a sunny day occasionally shooting a passer by with a fluorescent lime green space gun that went bleeepbleplooppiillybloo when you pressed the trigger.

A concerned citizen that just happened to be a neighbour with whom he didn't get on, phoned the police with a slightly twisted version of the above tale.

End result having your home ransacked by scary uniformed people.

Still, he dines out on the story to this day!!

Piers, I used to know a man with a van, and one day we were in his van coming home after a gig, and he had a toy gun on the dashboard (silly I guess, but you don't really think about it). We were pulled over, and a voice told us to put hands up, as there was a sniper aiming at our heads..... I was about 15.... Never actually saw the sniper, and they just told us to move on with the toy gun in the glove compartment.... :-S