yard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good afternoon Callie, I used a company called any

> junk anywhere, they come in collect it take it

> away, so need to lift anything. Sorry but I don't

> have their number, but I can reccomend them. Good

> luck.

> Sandra

Hi Sandra, thanks I will google them :) Were they expensive? I have just been quoted ?60 to take a 2 seater sofa, not sure if that's a good price?

I think it's ?16.00 for bulky waste collection by the council(?) and you can feel secure that it isn't going to be fly-tipped somewhere. It's a shame they don't still do it for free as the fly-tipping in Southwark has noticeably increased. But I still think ?16.00 is pretty reasonable and affordable to most.

Then tomskip, you have no idea about how many and possibly "most" people in Southwark would find that ?16 is a hell of a lot of money. A lot of people simply can not afford ?16 to have something taken away and that is why there is or will be more fly tipping/dumping of stuff on pavements/parks etc. This is daft because of course Southwark would be responsible for collecting the dumped stuff. Please don't assume we're all as well off as you.

Oh calm down PeckhamRose. Of course I understand there are many Southwark residents to whom ?16 is a significant amount, don't be daft. That's why I said affordable "to most". I've seen items fly tipped that would be worth more than ?16 if the owner bothered to sell them! I don't think it's a large sum to ask to have something bulky collected from your doorstep and taken away and dumped or recycled responsibly is all I'm saying. A lot of fly tipping seems to happen when a rental property changes hands so you'd assume it is the landlord dumping stuff that's been left by previous tenants? I'm not sure the average landlord in SE22 is short of ?16.

Passiflora Wrote:

> Southwark Council would have taken it away for you

> for a lot less than that if you left it outside

> and registered on the website!

The OP said she knew the council would take it away if left outside, so presumably there was a reason why she couldn't leave it outside!

• 1 month later...

Passiflora Wrote:

> OK Sue, thanks for clarifying that. Just trying

> to be helpful but, yes, maybe the OP couldn't get

> the sofabed out by themselves or were still using

> it up until the day of collection.

Our 2 seater sofa bed was extremely heavy & had to be lifted out of the living room via the window. I couldn't do this & the council don't do this, that is why I had to get someone else :O)