Man shouting at woman in the early hours of the morning

Ellied

I wondered if anyone has come across a man shouting/ woman crying in the Barry Road area in the early hours of the morning on a regular basis?

I was woken around 3am Friday morning by a woman loudly sobbing and a man shouting VERY aggressively at her: ?why? I?m telling you what to do!?. The woman sounded absolutely distraught.

This is the third time in the last month I?ve been woken by this, and I?m positive it?s the same couple. However I?ve never managed to get a look at them in time.

Wondered if anyone else had encountered this and what (if anything) I could do about it?

Please report it to the Police. This sounds like domestic violence and possibly worse. If it isn?t, at least you did what you thought best. Many years ago, I heard what sounded like a couple arguing and then someone being hit. I reported it to the Police. They investigated. The woman was regularly beating her partner and didn?t know what to do as he was worried about their children. The Police visit helped him to make a decision to leave the abuse.

Yes I quite agree, I will ring them this morning and see what they say. The only trouble is that I don't have an address for this couple - they seem to walk from the Rye up Barry Road shouting at each other, so I'm not sure that there's much the police can do. But worth mentioning it to them anyway, I'm sure

It's terrible to encounter such things even in passing. Someone I new was being physically abused by her partner and I regretted not telling the police the instant it happened. I did tell our Manager who then notice her expensive gifts (Louis Vuitton hand bags) like it was some sort of recompense for the beating she received the previous night. Trust your instincts.