Beware - card fraudulently retained in ATM at Lane Supermarket (opp Dulwich Library)

I used the ATM outside Lane Supermarket (bottom end of Lordship Lane, opposite Dulwich Library) this morning, and realised too late that there was a tiny device on the inside edge of the card slot which meant I couldn't get my card out. I could see the tip of my card, but by the time I managed to pull the device out, the machine had reset and sucked my card inside - presumably a legitimate safety feature used if someone accidentally walks away without their card.

As soon as I realised what was happening I looked around carefully to see if anyone seemed to be waiting/watching, as far as I could see there was just the shop owner who was outside, I think having a cigarette. He came over and tried to help remove the device/get my card out but was unable to.

I called my bank straight away to cancel the card just in case, no harm done on my end (aside from having to wait for a new card), no money taken as the fraudsters hadn't been able to come and actually take the card. Also called the police to report it and hand in the device. They spoke to the shop owner and are trying to access CCTV.

Just posting here as a warning to be vigilant and careful at ATMs. I always shield my pin anyway, but I've no idea if there was any way of the keystrokes being captured as well as the card. The device I removed was a thin (the thickness of a credit card) piece of black plastic stuck on to the inside of the top of the card slot, with a very thin strip of metal poking into the slot to retain the card. It was almost invisible, I only looked closely and noticed it when my card failed to come out.

Now that I look more closely at my photo of the whole cashpoint, there's a mark on the cash slot just above the keypad. Could just be a dent/scratch, but could equally be a hole for a camera. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's possible.

The whole thing has made me really quite angry, it's derailed my whole day's plans. Not to mention giving my toddler the serious grumps since he couldn't understand why we had to wait around for police etc. Apologies if you were in the cafe this morning and had to listen to him wailing, I think we were both pretty stressed at that point!