Itís a trial and there will be formal consultation if the trial is judged successful. Monitoring will take place for 9-12 months. If it affects you feed your experience and views into the formal consultation so it can be judged on current traffic flow / impact.
The next stages given on the Council website [consultations.southwark.gov.uk
* February - Autumn 2019 (6-9 months): Monitoring period, including settling in period and monitoring surveys, and online feedback questionnaire/liaison with key stakeholders
* Late Autumn 2019: Results of monitoring analysed and presented and consultation on permanent feature
* Winter 2019/20: Decision making-†consultation report and recommendations
* Spring 2020: Make permanent/remove/modifications/mitigation (subject to statutory consultation)
They also say what they want to monitor so if one of these affects you tell them.
What do we want to monitor?
During the trial we intend to monitor impact of the trial on the following:
* Road safety/traffic dominance on Champion Hill
* Road safety/traffic dominance around Dog Kennel Hill Primary School
* Road safety at the raised table in Champion†Hill
* Access needs for local residents
* Traffic displacement onto adjacent residential roads
* Traffic on Dog Kennel Hill, Grove Lane, Champion Park and Denmark Hill†
Iíve only scanned it but there is a report on next steps which includes info on monitoring and what is expected from the trial. Tie back your feedback to this and show youíve considered their objectives and the local impact. [consultations.southwark.gov.uk
A trial gives time to see how it works, what the impact is and how it affects you. Seems like a good thing to me - the final decision can be made on the current situation not how it was or is expected to be and those affected can monitor it too not just the Council