Iris Shop Lordship Lane Drilling all night...

I was kept awake all night by this too. It was the shop Iris at number 3 having some work done overnight (installing new fitting rooms it looks like). Went in to speak to them this morning and they said it will be finished today so there shouldn't be any noise tonight. To be honest I am appalled by the fact that this work was undertaken overnight and the complete disregard for their neighbours.

Thanks for reply. It was almost like torture as every time it stopped I went back to sleep and then was wojen up again. I thought it was emergency gas/ water works.

Im a nit speechless now, which is probably better than writng whats actually in my very tired angry head.

Thanks again for the reply ...

Emsworth, I feel your pain and would go and knock again to the property to let the workers know this is not acceptable! I put up with weeks of banging and drilling all through the night and day last Christmas Eve, Boxing Day at my next door place. |I had a word with the workers but they had very limited English and had to phone a boss person to translate what I was saying!

• 2 weeks later...
I have been round and they just told me to speak to the owner in the morning. The council noise team have also been out and given them until 10pm to wrap things up as apparently it wouldn?t be safe for customers in its present state. They said If it continues past 10 they will serve them a notice. Beyond fed up of them now!!

I must have just gone round after you - they said the same to us, that they'd be stopped in like 20 minutes (so I guess 10pm). They don't even open until 10am so don't understand why it all needs to be done so late at night. Didn't look like they were finished last night either, so assume there'll be more to come.

Emsworth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have been round and they just told me to speak

> to the owner in the morning. The council noise

> team have also been out and given them until 10pm

> to wrap things up as apparently it wouldn?t be

> safe for customers in its present state. They said

> If it continues past 10 they will serve them a

> notice. Beyond fed up of them now!!

make a complaint to southwark and threaten to escalate to the local authority ombudsman, they pulled me in for an interview under caution when my builders went over by 10mins to 18:10 - disgraceful

if the site was unsafe, they shouldn't have started work in the first place