We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

www.hensonsecurity.com

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
messageRe: Missing post since sorting office moved to peckham
Posted by KidKruger May 06, 08:42AM

When parcels are 'going missing' consistently or being delivered to areas 'outside of our jurisdiction' with no recall because 'that area is outside of our jurisdiction' then we have a service not fit for purpose.
If this wasn't an ex-Govt operation it wouldn't have the profile it currently benefits from.
Somehow, from somewhere, we need professionals brought in to fix the simple task of ensuring letters and parcels follow a process where they end up at the addresses written on them.
That's right, the clue is on the front of the letter/envelope, it's written on there, just take it to that place and put it through the letterbox/knock on door and leave parcel with intended recipient.

Posted by lindylou May 06, 10:43AM

A worrying aspect for me is that I had a call from NHS last week asking if I had received my letter, sent out weeks ago, informing me that I should be shielding. Needless to say, that letter hasn't arrived! Thankfully I've been staying at home, but apparently I shouldn't even be going to get my weekly shopping! I wonder how many more have not received their letters.

Posted by yummumbums May 06, 11:19AM

Iíve got so many parcels missing. My previous complaints were met with unsatisfactory response. It basically said there was nothing they could do. Itís not always possibly to request people send parcels by courier instead. Plus donít use parcelforce (part of Royal Mail) as theyíve just about broken every parcel! Getting stuff delivered in Se22 is a complete nightmare and Iím fed up. Also When I suggested there was theft going on to Royal Mail Peckham office they said they had had no other complaints of that nature. That is clearly untrue.

Posted by Sue May 06, 12:24PM

lindylou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A worrying aspect for me is that I had a call from
> NHS last week asking if I had received my letter,
> sent out weeks ago, informing me that I should be
> shielding. Needless to say, that letter hasn't
> arrived! Thankfully I've been staying at home, but
> apparently I shouldn't even be going to get my
> weekly shopping! I wonder how many more have not
> received their letters.

I haven't had mine either, but I've had a letter from the council saying I "should" have received it, plus two phone calls from the council asking if I'm OK or if I need help.

I've also received emails from several supermarkets saying that they have been told that I'm on a priority list for deliveries.

However most people needing to shield would probably already know that?

I have read that some GPs have patients who come into the same category of needing shielding (eg same medical conditions) but some have received the NHS letter and some haven't.

So if it is a postal problem rather than an NHS problem, it seems to be happening elsewhere, not just in this area sad smiley

Posted by lindylou May 06, 06:14PM

Yes, I agree, a postal problem. But your comment that "people needing to shield would probably already know that" is untry. I had a severe organising pneumonia several years ago. I was under guys hospital chest clinic for a long time and then discharged. I have since had an inhaler. You do seem to assume quite a lot Sue.

Posted by Sue May 06, 09:19PM

lindylou Wrote:
> Yes, I agree, a postal problem. But your comment
> that "people needing to shield would probably
> already know that" is untry. I had a severe
> organising pneumonia several years ago. I was
> under guys hospital chest clinic for a long time
> and then discharged. I have since had an inhaler.
> You do seem to assume quite a lot Sue.

I said "probably", with a question mark ....

I wasn't assuming anything ....

I had to Google when all this started to find out if I fell into the extremely vulnerable category (which I did).

I also phoned my GP to check whether I needed to shield, which if anybody was in any doubt I would have thought would be the thing to do?

In fact because I hadn't had a letter from the NHS I asked my GP to provide a letter in case I needed one to get a supermarket delivery, but in the event I didn't need the GP's letter.

ETA:

[www.gov.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was may 06, 09:40pm by Sue.

Posted by KidKruger May 06, 09:28PM

Itís unbelievable. If it was DPD, FedEx etc. running the sorting office they couldnít just hold their hands up and say,Ēdunno !Ē.
Royal Mail can, and do.
Part of the legacy of once being a State service.
They have the monopoly on sorting offices and are not fit for purpose.
Gotta love the UK.

yummumbums Wrote:
> Iíve got so many parcels missing. My previous
> complaints were met with unsatisfactory response.
> It basically said there was nothing they could do.
> Itís not always possibly to request people send
> parcels by courier instead. Plus donít use
> parcelforce (part of Royal Mail) as theyíve just
> about broken every parcel! Getting stuff delivered
> in Se22 is a complete nightmare and Iím fed up.
> Also When I suggested there was theft going on to
> Royal Mail Peckham office they said they had had
> no other complaints of that nature. That is
> clearly untrue.

Posted by Sue May 06, 09:36PM

KidKruger Wrote:
> Itís unbelievable. If it was DPD, FedEx etc.
> running the sorting office they couldnít just hold
> their hands up and say,Ēdunno !Ē.
> Royal Mail can, and do.
>

I'm not sure that it's Royal Mail per se who "can and do", is it?

In this case, it appears to be one particular delivery office manager.

Whose "canning and doing" needs to be brought to the attention of senior managers, I would say.

Posted by KidKruger May 06, 09:44PM

What I am saying is that Royal Mail in this instance still act with the entitlement of a state-owned operation, behaving in a way which would destroy another business, yet still get away with it, still have the contract for sorting offices and local mail delivery.
The other private companies could never hope to have anywhere near that level of entitlement.

Posted by Sue May 07, 12:23AM

KidKruger Wrote:
> What I am saying is that Royal Mail in this
> instance still act with the entitlement of a
> state-owned operation, behaving in a way which
> would destroy another business, yet still get away
> with it, still have the contract for sorting
> offices and local mail delivery.
> The other private companies could never hope to
> have anywhere near that level of entitlement.

I'm not sure that what appears to be one rogue office can be used to represent the whole of Royal Mail?

Not that I agree with their privatisation.

Posted by goldilocks May 18, 12:05PM

Are people still having issues with this? We have some magazine subscriptions that are over 2 weeks late

Posted by KidKruger May 18, 01:37PM

Many things still not arrived, but due 4th May.
Also, a parcel I did not collect in time (kept going to sorting office but queues too long) was 'sent back' to supplier and has, ....wait for it...., 'vanished' without trace.
dreadful state of affairs.

Posted by Bic Basher May 18, 02:52PM

Post is still erratic, had post today before that was last Wednesday.

Magazines have been between 1-5 days late.

Posted by Renata Hamvas May 20, 09:16AM

I managed to get hold of someone at Peckham sorting office today. They still have staff sickness, but the situation is slowly improving. They are dealing with unprecedented amounts of post. A manager who knows more details in relation to the backlog is currently in a meeting and will contact me later (however I have a meeting so we may not be able to speak today). They are holding post for 4 rather than the usual 2 if you need to pick any post up. I will update once I have spoken to the manager.
Renata

Posted by Pugwash May 21, 01:18PM

A friend in Croydon rang hubby yesterday to thank him for the voucher he received in post. Hubby confused as had not sent anything in the card. Transpired that this was a voucher sent in 2019 for friend's birthday which had failed to arrive. Envelope was intact and correctly addressed - must have been in the sorting office (Peckham or Croydon) all this time.

Posted by Bic Basher May 21, 04:04PM

Post has been slightly better this week. I've had deliveries on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday instead of a week's worth one day per week.

Posted by katanita May 21, 05:53PM

loads of missing parcels for me. Two items that I've been waiting for since late March, others more recently. In the meantime, other things have arrived, especially tracked items. Seems very erratic.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum