Lordship lane roadworks - closure 18-30 November

annafb

According to the LondonWorks website (http://public.londonworks.gov.uk), they'll resurface the road between 22nd and 30th November (despite the signage and, of course, Brexit, this November is scheduled to stop after the usual 30 days).

It'll be in chunks, allegedly as follows:

22/23: Goodrich - Landells

26/27: Townley to No. 238

28/29: Townley to No. 159

That doesn't explain everything the signeage implies, but the website isn't always reliable or complete so we may be in for some exciting surprises elsewhere. Perhaps they'll fix some of the potholes. Or are trying to scare as much traffic away as possible, to avoid the usual nonsense and limit the increased pressure on parking.

The Conway guys did a brilliant t job of resurfacing Underhill Rd last week. Lots of notices before. Helpful during. Very efficient and quick. They clearly knew what they were doing. Lordship lane is a bit harder because of the traffic volume but I'd be confident they know what they are about

SebsC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Living on Upland Road, it would have been nice to

> have been informed beforehand that the top of the

> road would be closed to traffic. Also, no signs to

> tell drivers of this on Upland road.

Completely agree, we had a nightmare getting back into our flat yesterday afternoon after having been out for the day. They should absolutely be doing this in the school holidays not when there is already a massive traffic issue owing to school traffic and especially on upland road during school drop off and pick up the parking is dire as is

I was in town at the weekend and walked from Sydenham Hill down Cox's Walk to the South Circ / LL junction then along LL and turned off down Court Lane (this was Saturday afternoon). One side of LL for about 250m was being re-surfaced and Court Lane was closed at the junction onto LL.

Walking down Court Lane though - wow, the number of drivers ignoring the prominent ROAD CLOSED signs and driving right to the top, discovering that the ROAD was in fact CLOSED (hint: the signs saying ROAD CLOSED may help you here...) and then attempting to turn round - driving across pavements, turning around in people's driveways and then roaring off down the road in frustration! Insane. Traffic on Court Lane between Eynella Road and the LL junction was mental because of the number of people ignoring those signs.

Other than that I had a really pleasant walk and watching the traffic was quite entertaining....