UCKG church fundraising in M&S !?

The UCKG are a commercial church whose owner is worth 1.1bn USD with more controversial stories including its' pre-election support for the new fascist leader of Brasil, and yet they are collecting money in our local Lordship Lane M&S. Surely M&S could have found a local charity free of dodgy attitudes to invite collect?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Church_of_the_Kingdom_of_God

So please, this Christmas, don't give fascist sympathisers your money.

AnotherPaul Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> M&S have a policy which allows individual store

> managers to choose who collects for charity in

> their shops. I'd wager the UCKG knows this,

> according to the internet they've also been

> collecting in M&S Dalston.

But their official charity partner is a youth group locally, surely they could be allowed to collect instead?

Thank you for alerting us to who this is, I agree, if the head of this organisation supports the vile ultra extreme views of the new Brazilian leader, Bolsonaro, I am grateful you pointed out who they are. Glad I did not give them anything. And given the origins of M + S I am very surprised they are letting this group onto their premises. Really do not feel like going in again until they are gone.

alice Wrote:

> The money isn?t being sent to Brazil. They do a

> lot of good work locally.

I appreciate your sincerity but that's not my point. They (the church, not the individuals in M&S) support actual fascists to help them win power and set themselves against the religions of indigenous people of the Amazon. That's Christians running a highly profitable commercial church which has been repeatedly accused of money laundering, telling people whose ancestral land it is they are wrong to hold their own beliefs. There is no local work they can do which assuages their behaviour elsewhere.

I sent a message via the website and received this from [email protected] ...

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us.

We are currently reviewing our policy in all stores regarding this.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards

L**** ******

Retail Customer Services

Your M&S Customer Service

uncleglen Wrote:

> Here's a message from its founder Edir mercado

> https://blogs.universal.org/bispomacedo/en/2011/05

> /19/our-children-will-not-turn-out-to-be-gay/

>

> should be banned imho

Certainly should. And so should your mate Tommy Robinson's hate organisations and similar entities that you're quite happy to support - what's the difference in hatred apart from skin pigmentation?